: Network Security Engineer
: Leawood, KS
: Perm OR at least a 60 Day Contract to Hire with priority is to go Perm as soon as possible
: 35-40/hr. for Contract / 80-85K Salary Conversion (Some Flex here)
: Prefer W2 or 1099 (U.S. Citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor at this time. We are unable to engage in a Corp to Corp arrangement with this client)
This resource will be responsible for analyzing logs, creating rules for alerts/notifications, partnering with the systems teams and pulled into project meetings to provide risk assessments and advisement on system designs and solutions. They will be required to translate “geek speak” to various business departments and document findings. Soft skills are huge for this position as you will work cross departmentally.
The Information Security Network Engineer is a lead technical contributor for the Information Security Management function, providing technical leadership and consultative expertise for the enterprise. The purpose of the Information Security Network Engineer function, in turn, is to bring the organization’s information security risks with respect to network administration under explicit management control through the Information Security Management System.
Security Support & Operations
- Technical Network Security Administration, Implementation, and Testing.
- Working with the Director of Information Security, provide leadership and strategic direction for the function, including planning, analysis, operational activities and awareness activities.
- Consultant on company initiatives to ensure security and compliance requirements are met or exceeded.
- Participates in the preparation and implementation of necessary information security policies, standards, procedures and guidelines, in aligning with the Information Security program.
- Performs required assessments and activities as part of overall Information Security program.
Security & Compliance
- Oversee team duties in ongoing security operations tasks
- Ensure stable operations of key security controls and systems
- Develop processes and controls for security tool refinement
- Review logs and reports for potential incidents and events
- Ensure compliance with all regulatory and corporate standards
Consulting & Research
- Oversee ongoing and recurring security activities, awareness and risk mitigation
- Raise concerns and actively consult with internal teams and groups from an Information Security and Risk perspective
- Stays current with threats and opportunities from a risk and security perspective.
Program & Project Management
- Develop and manage effective working relationships with other departments, groups and personnel while serving as an internal consultant to other IT departments and key business partners
- Provide information to key business units on technology trends and opportunities aligned with their business needs
- Identify ways to improve value to business from cost and services perspective
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Establish necessary programs to manage current and future security infrastructure needs.
- Manage contract and associate personnel in deploying new or upgrading existing security infrastructure.
Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering or IT related technologies, or equivalent work experience.
Minimum Training and Experience Requirements:
Covenant Consulting strives to attract, cultivate and retain exceptional talent. If you feel you are a match for the position, and are interested in a great growth opportunity, we encourage you to contact Shannon.McInnis@Covenant-Consulting.com
- Information security competency or system competency
- Network certifications such as CCNA, COMPTIA Network+ or equivalent work experience
- At least 5 years of full-time work experience in network engineering or network security administration
- Strategize about security risks, make assessments, keep detailed documentation
- Experience with e-commerce and PCI regulated applications
- Strong conceptual, analytical, judgment and communication abilities
Covenant Consulting is a Technology Services Provider offering project-based IT consulting, IT staffing and IT recruiting services. Every partnership reflects our uncompromising commitment to quality and integrity. We have extensive experience and capabilities in project-based consulting, short and long-term staff augmentation, and permanent recruitment. We work with companies of every size, across many industries and have the flexibility to scale solutions to meet our client's specific needs.