TITLE: Vice President of Operations (Start-Up)
LOCATION: Headquartered in Los Angeles, CA - 100% Remote USA. Our client is a remote first organization that cares about the quality of the contribution, not the location in which it is completed.
TERMS: Direct Hire / Perm
SALARY: Competitive Comp Package Commensurate with Experience plus bonus and stock options – targeting 230K Base, bonus and Equity
COMPANY SIZE: 40 and Growing!
REPORTS TO: COO
DIRECT REPORTS TO THIS POSITION: 7 Department Heads will technically be reporting to this person. There will be 2 direct reports out of the Ops Department.
Our client is seeking an experienced executive to help run the day-to-day operations of a hyper-growth real estate tech startup. We are looking for committed no-ego leadership with a clear understanding of scaling operations processes and who might have road mapped a process automation plan to ensure efficiency. An operations leader who has built operational efficiencies from the ground up and then scaled those operations. Someone with a true entrepreneurial spirit who has been instrumental in growing a company from seed to acquisition or somewhere in between.
Our client is in need of an experienced VP of Operations to plan, direct, coordinate, and oversee operations activities within the company. This individual should be focused on employee growth and development, thrive working closely with stakeholders to understand business objectives, and excel in leading by example, collaborating, and promoting the company’s values and goals.
WHY SHOULD YOU BE INTERESTED?
Our client is a hyper growth real estate technology company specializing in financial document authentication. Traditional tenant screening is antiquated and is vulnerable to fraud, and until now has primarily been screened in a manual fashion.
We are a team of experts who have developed state of the art technology to screen financial documents and to validate self-reported information. Our solution seamlessly fits into the leasing workflow to detect fraud automatically.
With thousands of properties utilizing our software and limited competition in the space, the opportunity to grow within this role is wide open. We are setting the bar in the financial fraud detection space, and have an incredible global team that drives our innovation and growth. If you are motivated and strive to learn, we encourage you to apply to join us on our journey to eliminate financial fraud.
OUR CLIENT’S CULTURE IS EVERYTHING
Great teams and products aren’t built in a vacuum. We credit our success to our extraordinary team chemistry and culture, and we ask that anyone who is interested in the position be able to speak to why they feel team culture is important to them. We treat each other with respect, share ideas freely, and push ourselves to be the best we can be.
ON A TYPICAL DAY, YOU WILL:
- Establish, implement, and communicate the strategic direction of our client’s operations division.
- Collaborate with executive leadership to develop and meet company goals while supplying expertise and guidance on operations projects and systems.
- Identify, recommend, and implement new processes, technologies, and systems to improve and streamline processes.
- Ensure that departmental decisions and project plans such as those for staffing, development, organization, and training are in line with business plan and vision.
- Identify training needs and ensure proper training is developed and provided.
- Oversees the daily workflow of department leaders.
- Coach and mentor department leaders on consistent and effective meetings and meeting cadence.
- Provides constructive and timely performance evaluations linked to set KPI’s and transparent metrics.
- Implement Core Values across all processes.
- Extensive knowledge of the principles, procedures, and best practices in the industry.
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- A history of Crushing It!
- A penchant for confidently collaborating with executives, leadership, and external customers
- Relentless curiosity for understanding the business at a deep level
- Ability to lift up your team and those around you each day
- Reflexively put the success of your team before yourself
Covenant Consulting strives to attract, cultivate and retain exceptional talent. If you feel you are a match for the position, and are interested in a great growth opportunity, we encourage you to contact Shannon.McInnis@Covenant-Consulting.com
Covenant Consulting is a Technology Services Provider offering project-based IT consulting, IT staffing and IT recruiting services. Every partnership reflects our uncompromising commitment to quality and integrity. We have extensive experience and capabilities in project-based consulting, short and long-term staff augmentation, and permanent recruitment. We work with companies of every size, across many industries and have the flexibility to scale solutions to meet our client's specific needs.