Title: Full Stack Engineer
Location: Headquartered West Coast – 100% Remote USA – must be open to work PST time zone
Terms: Direct Hire / Perm
Salary: Commensurate with Start Up Founder Experience – Plus equity options/incentives.
Status: Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
Level of Experience: 3+ Years in Full Stack Development
Industry: Healthcare, Finance, Elderly Care
Start Time: Immediate
Reports to: CEO
Our client is looking for people who are excited about being personally responsible for making a positive impact in the world and who might be passionate about Elder Care as well. Our client’s leader is a positive, enthusiastic, uber intelligent, mission-driven focused CEO who is building a cutting-edge “never seen before but needed by everyone” SaaS platform.
More than just a specific set of skills, they are looking for someone that (1) has the talent/experience/work ethic to drive their own work; (2) understands that good employees do what you tell them to do, BUT great employees tell you what they need to do; and (3) passionate individuals that are seeking to make a difference in the world by building a brand new product, 0-1, and is open to reaping the rewards of a ground floor opportunity that investors are running towards.
This role will work alongside the CEO in building out the initial Minimal Viable Product (MVP).
The fundamental hypotheses they need to test in the pre-seed stage is…
- What data model develops the best long term care plans given financial and care preferences;
- How do they get that data, i.e., how do they go from sparse dataset to dense dataset through prompting the users through the web interface; and
Roles and job descriptions at the stage that our client is in, are purposely ambiguous and cover a wide range of responsibilities. So, we need someone who thrives in that environment.
- With that dense dataset, how accurate is the data they are leveraging in predicting and supporting a caregiver through their aging parent’s current care as the care needs intensify.
- Must be able/eager to build & ship product.
Really Nice to Have:
Skill sets they deeply appreciate but not all are requirements:
- You will lead the build of our first MVP. Our client cannot emphasize this enough: You’ll thrive as a self-starter who is passionate about building something 0 - 1 (and can do so) and is excited about the space!
- You have built 0 → 1 products before.
- You have 3+ years developing products in the healthcare or financial space.
- 3-7 years of experience in a production environment, developing frontend and backend beautiful web-based products (or equivalent experience - exceptional junior hires are welcomed)
- Favored frontend: React, Angular JS
- Favored backend: Python
- Experience with Typescript
- Experience with React, React Hooks, and Redux
- In-depth knowledge in secure coding practices and strong passion in helping other engineers to adopt them
- Strong foundation in SDK/API design
- Strong foundation in distributed system design, and backend implementation
- Experience in unit and integration testing
- Have hands-on experience in the public cloud environment leveraging best security practices
- Experience leveraging data architectures and components to scale application backends
Why You Might be Excited About Us:
- BONUS POINTS - 3-7 years of experience working as a backend and/or infrastructure engineer in a fast-paced complex environment
- Our client is doing real innovation. (From the highest levels of the company, they are
committed to creating deeply reported, intellectually honest content about health and science, not marketing copy.)
- They do not have a ton of meetings. If they can effectively solve a problem asynchronously, they do. When they do meet synchronously, you will always have the opportunity to contribute, in fact, you are encouraged to do so.
- Their team has a wide range of experiences with innovation and a successful track record, and are excited to learn from you, too.
- You will be able to work remotely and set your own schedule. They do not micro-manage and will help you do great work.
- They will mold your role to shape a career you are excited about. The client cares a lot about your satisfaction and job happiness and will help prep you for whatever you are looking for in the future, whether that is growing within the company or elsewhere.
- They work hard and highly value a balanced work/life load. They care about family and your own personal development and do not expect you to be always engaged with work.
- They actively work to create and maintain a positive, friendly, politics-free work environment.
- The culture that our client has established is supportive, collaborative, helpful, and fun. They are remarkably chaos-free.
Covenant Consulting strives to attract, cultivate and retain exceptional talent. If you feel you are a match for the position, and are interested in a great growth opportunity, we encourage you to contact Shannon.McInnis@Covenant-Consulting.com
Covenant Consulting is a Technology Services Provider offering project-based IT consulting, IT staffing and IT recruiting services. Every partnership reflects our uncompromising commitment to quality and integrity. We have extensive experience and capabilities in project-based consulting, short and long-term staff augmentation, and permanent recruitment. We work with companies of every size, across many industries and have the flexibility to scale solutions to meet our client's specific needs.