Title: Sr. DevOps / Python Engineer
Location: Kansas City, MO 64105 – 100% Remote USA
Terms: Direct Hire / Perm
Salary: Commensurate with Mid to Sr. Level Experience (Open and Flexible For the Right Exp)
Status: Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Level of Experience: 5-10 Years in Systems Engineering who moved into DevOps with strong core Python coding.
Industry: Technology, Security, Cloud
Start Time: Immediate
Reports To: VP of Engineering
You will be working as a Python Engineer / DevOps Engineer in a cross-functional team setting to understand our client’s customers' problems and develop solutions for those use cases.
Throughout the product lifecycle, you will be involved from idea generation, design, and prototyping to execution and implementation. The organization is made up of small teams to support agility and creativity. That said, they encourage movement among teams to share context, skills, and experience, so you'll learn about many different aspects of each product.
Our engineering environment utilizes a variety of languages, including Java, Python, and Angular. In addition, we embrace open-source technologies like ElasticSearch and Linux and industry-standard build tools, including Ansible, Jenkins, Docker, and Puppet.
RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE:
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Designing, implementing, maintaining, and documenting the Client’s Operating System (FMOS) tools and utilities
- Building command-line applications and web services specifically for using, configuring, and maintaining FMOS installations
- Partnering closely with System Engineers to create an enterprise quality system that improves the experience for customers running FMOS
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Strong object-oriented software development experience, specifically with the Python programming.
- Extensive experience working with Linux or Unix-based operating systems.
- Extremely strong core Python coding skills, including an understanding of optimization, performance ramifications of coding decisions, and object-oriented design.
- Experience with and working knowledge of command-line interface applications and RESTful web services.
- Outstanding problem-solving skills. Someone that can pick apart software, analyze it and become a subject matter expert on it.
- Experience with configuration management utilities (e.g., Ansible, Puppet).
- Source control management, particularly Git, and collaborative development workflows.
- Understanding of operating system (especially Linux) installation and deployment automation
- Knowledge of Networking concepts, nomenclature, familiarity with Firewalls, Routers, Load balancers.
- Create command line tools and web APIs using Python, Cython, C, C++, Vala and Rust
- Familiarity with Linux package management and distribution
- Experience in LDAP, RADIUS and/or Active Directory a plus
- Experience working with PostgreSQL, Elasticsearch, ActiveMQ, SQLite
- Experience with Continuous Integration using Git, Bitbucket, Jenkins, Docker and VMware/VSphere
- Understanding of IPsec for authentication and packet encryption
- Understanding of X.509 security certificates and public-key cryptography
Our Client pioneered improving security outcomes by improving security operations in the cybersecurity industry. Technologies have changed, the threats have evolved, but our mission remains the same. Our culture is built upon four employee-driven values that focus on problem-solving, work/life balance, motivation, and innovation. These values are core to everything we do and fuel the impact our employees have on our customers, product, and overall organization. Each person is empowered to have a voice and is encouraged to collaborate, be creative, provide valuable insights, and play a role in the company's success.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering, or another related field of study.
- Experience with AWS EC2 and Serverless solutions, including using Serverless.com, CloudFormation, AWS CDK (Cloud Development Kit), AWS Lambda, Amazon SNS (Simple Notification Service), Amazon SQS (Simple Queue Service) and Amazon Kinesis for ingesting large volumes of data.
- Monitoring and Logging tools like Collectd, Graphite, Grafana, Elasticsearch and Logstash
Covenant Consulting strives to attract, cultivate and retain exceptional talent. If you feel you are a match for the position, and are interested in a great growth opportunity, we encourage you to contact Shannon.McInnis@Covenant-Consulting.com
Covenant Consulting is a Technology Services Provider offering project-based IT consulting, IT staffing and IT recruiting services. Every partnership reflects our uncompromising commitment to quality and integrity. We have extensive experience and capabilities in project-based consulting, short and long-term staff augmentation, and permanent recruitment. We work with companies of every size, across many industries and have the flexibility to scale solutions to meet our client's specific needs.