TITLE: Data / Bioinformatics Analyst
LOCATION: Remote Midwest or East Coast USA or Hybrid Onsite in Woburn, MA
TERMS: Full Time Perm
SALARY: Competitive with Full Benefits
EXPERIENCE: 3+ Years
TECHNOLOGIES: R, Python, MATLAB, OpenCV, C, C#, C++, Java, DevOps, Visual Studio, WPF, GIT, JIRA, AWS, Cloud Computing, Image Processing, Bioinformatics
INTERVIEW PROCESS: MS Teams w/ Hiring Manager, Interviewing w/ Team Members Onsite or Video
We have partnered exclusively with a company called NanoMosaic Inc., located in Woburn, Massachusetts, they are focused on developing an innovative photonics technology for biomedical discovery, Dx, CDx, and drug development. This revolutionary product involves Nanoneedles, DNA sequencing, PCR analysis, genetic translation, epigenetics, and proteomics. Their cutting-edge technology will enable new frontiers of medical research for ultrahigh-sensitivity detection of single molecules in low volume liquid biopsy samples. Our client’s customers are Universities, Medical Institutions, Labs doing research on Cancer, Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s, anyone looking at proteomes to help diagnose and find medical cures.
- We are looking for a candidate with a strong desire to bring a disruptive technology to market, playing a key role in a multidisciplinary team.
- This position is primarily responsible for the creation of data analysis algorithms and data visualization tools for our automated Tessie platform.
- In addition, this role will coordinate efforts with manufacturing, process development, biology, and mechanical design groups.
- Successful candidates must have solid knowledge and extensive experience with software development in a regulated environment. (ex. HIPAA).
- Additionally, candidates should possess a strong acumen for on-the-fly problem solving, communication, and system level thinking.
- Develop algorithms for image analysis and data extraction using statistical and ML methods.
- Work with a multidisciplinary team to design and develop new product features and in-house analysis tools.
- Develop tools for customer facing data visualization and report generation.
- Work with software team to facilitate integration of analysis tools into automated pipeline.
- Provide input and experience to inform high-level architecture decisions.
- Participate in code reviews, sprint planning and requirements gathering activities.
- BS in Biomedical Sciences, Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, or related field or equivalent experience.
- Experience with image analysis (feature extraction, thresholding, filtering, etc.).
- Advanced knowledge of statistical testing and multivariate modeling required (e.g., logistic, and linear regression)
- Experience working with relational and non-relational databases.
- Experience designing customer facing data visualizations.
- 3+ years of experience using one or more of the following: R, Python, MATLAB, OpenCV, C, C#, C++, Java.
- Familiarity with DevOps tools for source control, deployment, and continuous integration including Visual Studio, Git, JIRA.
- Creative, hardworking, and organized. Must also show a track record of innovative problem solving in technical environments.
- Strong problem-solving and organizational skills.
- Ability to work well with others in a tight-knit, multidisciplinary team environment.
- Experience specifying requirements and working with interdisciplinary scientific teams.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and deliver in a small working group.
- Excellent communication skills are essential.
- Previous experience in biomedical industry.
- Familiarity with HIPAA regulations.
Covenant Consulting strives to attract, cultivate and retain exceptional talent. If you feel you are a match for the position, and are interested in a great growth opportunity, we encourage you to contact Shannon.McInnis@Covenant-Consulting.com
Covenant Consulting is a Technology Services Provider offering project-based IT consulting, IT staffing and IT recruiting services. Every partnership reflects our uncompromising commitment to quality and integrity. We have extensive experience and capabilities in project-based consulting, short and long-term staff augmentation, and permanent recruitment. We work with companies of every size, across many industries and have the flexibility to scale solutions to meet our client's specific needs.