Director of Software Engineering
Salary: $200K+ - Full Time/Direct-Hire
Our client is paving the way in the cybersecurity industry across the globe. It's a place where being proactive is rewarded and each day is more innovative than the last. Our client provides persistent network security for hybrid environments through a fusion of real-time asset visibility, continuous compliance, and automation. Since creating the first-ever network security policy management solution, our client has delivered command and control over complex network security infrastructures for more than 1,700 customers.
The Director of Software Engineering is responsible for leading several teams of developers that design and implement products. You are expected to draw upon your extensive experience building, leading, and mentoring high-performing product development teams. You will report directly to the SVP of Product & Engineering and collaborate with the other development team leader and our quality engineering leader. The ideal candidate must have both a strong technical background and strong leadership skills.
- Passionate about technical and leadership challenges, organizing a team to deliver, and building a frictionless process for high quality, high confidence deliverables
- Ability to leverage the collective intelligence of a team to build alignment
- Takes great pride in your work and strive to create robust solutions
- Enjoy teaching and mentoring others
- Enjoy managing across multiple teams with multiple projects, balancing the needs of new development and production support
- Promotes a high-performance culture with a strong sense of accountability
- Able to measure performance using metrics related to quality, efficiency, on-time delivery
- Enjoy managing the software development lifecycle, using data to drive continuous improvements, with a strong focus on meeting the team’s commitments given changing customer priorities
- Mentor and coach, developing leadership within the team as a core function
- Exhibit dedication and commitment to your work that makes others want you to lead their team
- Hold others accountable for delivering on their commitments
Covenant Consulting strives to attract, cultivate and retain exceptional talent. If you feel you are a match for the position, and are interested in a great growth opportunity, we encourage you to contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer/Electrical Engineering or equivalent with 10+ years Engineering management and leadership experience, preferably working with robotics or automation
- Knowledge across Cloud, Networking, Security, and modern engineering technologies such as Containers
- Ability to lead and motivate dynamic, fast-paced, deadline-driven teams. Demonstrated management skills to lead and energetically motivate direct reports and development partners
- Ability to work cross-functionally with engineers across numerous disciplines
- Ability to engage with colleagues at all levels to implement change through a fact-based constructive debate on issues of importance to the organization
- Expertise with Agile across the entire SDLC (DevOps, Automated Testing, Requirements Management…)
- Analytical and quantitative skills; experience using hard data and metrics to back up assumptions, mitigate risk, and develop plans
- Creative and critical thinker with demonstrated capabilities to quickly resolve complex challenges
- Persuasive communication skills with the judgment to be customer-facing
- Demonstrated success in supporting software products deployed within demanding customers
- Self-motivated and capable of working through ambiguity
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to communicate across all levels of the organization
- Experience managing geographically distributed teams
Covenant Consulting is a Technology Services Provider offering project-based IT consulting, IT staffing and IT recruiting services. Every partnership reflects our uncompromising commitment to quality and integrity. We have extensive experience and capabilities in project-based consulting, short and long-term staff augmentation, and permanent recruitment. We work with companies of every size, across many industries and have the flexibility to scale solutions to meet our client's specific needs.