As a thought leader in a space our client invented, they are paving the way in the cybersecurity industry across the globe. You'll find a disruptive, cutting-edge environment. It's a place where being proactive is rewarded and each day is more innovative than the last. This drive permeates everything our client does – from how they develop their products to how they engage with customers and how they get things done.
One of the biggest benefits of working with a groundbreaking company is the huge impact employees have on the overall product and business. Each person’s work directly affects the outcome of the finalized product and success of the business. Additionally, you can voice your ideas and collaborate across departments to learn new aspects of the company. Since they are securely backed by some of the savviest investors in the industry, you get the security of an established organization but at the same time get to experience the agility and autonomy of a smaller company.
Their engineers build software at scale to transform how organizations around the world streamline network security policy management. They are constantly evolving their products to meet and anticipate customer’s needs. As a part of the team, they have a performant continuous integration and deployment pipeline that gives Engineers quick feedback and assurance that code is passing all tests and gates in the pipeline hosted in the cloud and on-premise.
The engineering environment utilizes a variety of languages, including Java, Python, and Angular. Embracing open-source technologies like ElasticSearch and Linux and industry-standard build tools, including Ansible, Jenkins, Docker, and Puppet.
About the Role
Required Skills & Experience
- Improve productivity by looking for and automating any repetitive and manual tasks within our release processes
- Develop tools to assist engineers with development tasks around build and release processes
- Proactively monitor for and address system issues that may impact build and release processes
- Design, implement and enhance continuous integration processes, including automated build and test execution
- Work with engineering to build and manage release processes and procedures
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering or a related field
- 3+ years of build and development experience
- Continuous Integration/Delivery like Jenkins (preferred), Circle-ci, Travis
- Scripting and strongly typed languages like Python, Bash, Java
- Detailed understanding of package management systems, including RPM, Yum, npm, pip
- Experience with version control tools such as Git (preferred), Subversion, or other version control tools
- Knowledge of Infrastructure as Code (IAC)
- Container runtimes like Docker (preferred), rkt, LXC
- Continuous Configuration Automation tools like Ansible (preferred), Puppet, Chef, or Salt
- Artifact Management tools like Nexus is a plus
- Self-motivated and driven, with a high sense of urgency to achieve results, ability to work within tight timelines
- Highly organized with strong attention to detail and excellent time management skills, and the ability to prioritize and work well in a fast-paced environment with competing demands
Covenant Consulting strives to attract, cultivate and retain exceptional talent. If you feel you are a match for the position and are interested in a great growth opportunity, we encourage you to contact Elise.Hebert@covenant-consulting.com.
Covenant Consulting is a Technology Services Provider offering project-based IT consulting, IT staffing, and IT recruiting services. Every partnership reflects our uncompromising commitment to quality and integrity. We have extensive experience and capabilities in project-based consulting, short and long-term staff augmentation, and permanent recruitment. We work with companies of every size, across many industries and have the flexibility to scale solutions to meet our client's specific needs.