: Python Software Engineer
: Anywhere, USA - 100% Remote
: Direct Hire / Perm W2
: Commensurate with Experience plus Bonus - Targeting 120-140K
As a thought leader in a space our Client invented, they are paving the way in the cybersecurity industry across the globe. You'll find a disruptive, cutting-edge environment. It's a place where being proactive is rewarded and each day is more innovative than the last. This drive permeates everything they do – from how they develop their products to how they engage with their customers and how they get things done.
One of the biggest benefits of working with a groundbreaking company is the huge impact employees have on the overall product and business. Each person’s work directly affects the outcome of the finalized product and success of the business. Additionally, you can voice your ideas and collaborate across departments to learn new aspects of the company. Since we are securely backed by some of the savviest investors in the industry, you get the security of an established organization but at the same time get to experience the agility and autonomy of a smaller company.
Our engineers build software at scale to transform how organizations worldwide streamline network security policy management. We are constantly evolving our products to meet and anticipate our customer’s needs. As a part of our team, you'll contribute high-quality code to FireMon products that are deployed to the most important institutions in the public and private sectors.
About the Role
- You will be working as a Python Engineer in a cross-functional team setting to understand our customers' problems and develop solutions for those use cases.
- Throughout the product lifecycle, you will be involved from idea generation, design, and prototyping to execution and implementation. Our organization is made up of small teams to support agility and creativity. That said, we encourage movement among teams to share context, skills, and experience, so you'll learn about many different aspects of each product.
- Our engineering environment utilizes a variety of languages, including Java, Python, and Angular. In addition, we embrace open-source technologies like ElasticSearch and Linux and industry-standard build tools, including Ansible, Jenkins, Docker, and Puppet.
Required Skills & Experience
- Design, implement, maintain, and document the FireMon Operating System (FMOS) tools and utilities
- Build command-line applications and web services specifically for using, configuring, and maintaining FMOS installations
- Partner closely with System Engineers to create an enterprise quality system that improves the experience for customers running FMOS
Preferred Skills & Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering or another related field of study
- 4 or more years of object-oriented software development experience, specifically with the Python programming
- 4 or more years of experience working with Linux or Unix-based operating systems
- Extremely strong core Python coding skills, including an understanding of optimization, performance ramifications of coding decisions, and object-oriented design
- Experience with and working knowledge of command-line interface applications and RESTful web services
- Outstanding problem-solving skills. Someone that can pick apart software, analyze it and become a subject matter expert on it.
- Experience with configuration management utilities (e.g., Ansible, Puppet)
- Source control management, particularly Git, and collaborative development workflows.
- Understanding of operating system (especially Linux) installation and deployment automation
- Knowledge of Networking concepts, nomenclature, familiarity with Firewalls, Routers, Load balancers
- Familiarity with Linux package management and distribution
- Experience in LDAP, RADIUS or Active Directory a plus
- Experience working with PostgreSQL, Elasticsearch, ActiveMQ, SQLite
- Understanding of X.509 security certificates and public-key cryptography
FireMon provides persistent network security for hybrid environments through a powerful fusion of real-time asset visibility, continuous compliance, and automation. Since creating the first-ever network security policy management solution, FireMon has delivered command and control over complex network security infrastructures for more than 1,700 customers.
FireMon’s customers have unique and complex security problems that are difficult to solve. This doesn’t intimidate them, it inspires them. It pushes them to be more creative and find solutions to ensure their customer’s success.
Covenant Consulting strives to attract, cultivate and retain exceptional talent. If you feel you are a match for the position, and are interested in a great growth opportunity, we encourage you to contact Shannon.McInnis@Covenant-Consulting.com
Covenant Consulting is a Technology Services Provider offering project-based IT consulting, IT staffing and IT recruiting services. Every partnership reflects our uncompromising commitment to quality and integrity. We have extensive experience and capabilities in project-based consulting, short and long-term staff augmentation, and permanent recruitment. We work with companies of every size, across many industries and have the flexibility to scale solutions to meet our client's specific needs.