VP of Software Engineering (REMOTE)
Salary: $240K - $300K plus bonus
Our client is paving the way in the cybersecurity industry across the globe. It's a place where being proactive is rewarded and each day is more innovative than the last. Our client provides persistent network security for hybrid environments through a fusion of real-time asset visibility, continuous compliance, and automation. Since creating the first-ever network security policy management solution, our client has delivered command and control over complex network security infrastructures for more than 1,700 customers.
- Develop organizational goals, drive the technical and organizational roadmap for the engineering team
- Work with product management to identify and prioritize strategic product roadmap initiatives and timelines
- Lead software architecture direction in defining and implementing a platform architecture that is robust, efficient, and highly scalable
- Supervise the software development process, setting short-term objectives while meeting long-term company goals
- Work closely with product and operations teams and company leaders to ensure the technology platform is evolving to meet business needs and keep pace with technology trends
- Ensure alignment with the key business stakeholders.
- Effectively manage resources and remove obstacles to accomplish business goals Manage day-to-day operations of local and multiple offshore development teams
- Ensure that the entire team delivers software on-time and on-budget while maintaining a level of innovation required by customers
- Mentor and develop technology team members for career development and retention
Covenant Consulting strives to attract, cultivate and retain exceptional talent. If you feel you are a match for the position, and are interested in a great growth opportunity, we encourage you to contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer/Electrical Engineering or equivalent with at least 10 years Engineering management and leadership experience (prefer experience with robotics or automation)
- Knowledge across Cloud, Networking, Security, and modern engineering technologies such as Containers
- Ability to lead and motivate dynamic, fast-paced, deadline-driven teams. Demonstrated management skills to lead and energetically motivate direct reports and development partners
- Ability to work cross-functionally with engineers across numerous disciplines
- Ability to engage with colleagues at all levels to implement change through a fact-based constructive debate on issues of importance to the organization
- Expertise with Agile across the entire SDLC (DevOps, Automated Testing, Requirements Management…)
- Analytical and quantitative skills; experience using hard data and metrics to back up assumptions, mitigate risk, and develop plans
- Creative and critical thinker with demonstrated capabilities to quickly resolve complex challenges
- Excellent communication skills with the judgment to be customer-facing
- Demonstrated success in supporting software products deployed within demanding customers
- Experience managing geographically distributed teams
Covenant Consulting is a Technology Services Provider offering project-based IT consulting, IT staffing and IT recruiting services. Every partnership reflects our uncompromising commitment to quality and integrity. We have extensive experience and capabilities in project-based consulting, short and long-term staff augmentation, and permanent recruitment. We work with companies of every size, across many industries and have the flexibility to scale solutions to meet our client's specific needs.