The Android Team works in an environment in which we can all learn and grow together. We consistently deliver impactful features to our 13m+ users while collaborating on continuously modernizing the MyFitnessPal Android app codebase.
What you’ll be doing:
Qualifications to be successful in this role:
- Drive the technical direction of the MyFitnessPal Android app
- Continuously ensure the vitals of the app exceed customer expectations
- Empower & coach others on and outside the team to perform at their best
- Work on high impact features that bring value to our 13m+ users
- Use A/B testing to quickly iterate on user experiences
- Continuously modernize the MyFitnessPal Android app codebase while delivering on the product roadmap
- Improve code quality through unit testing with increased code coverage
- Work closely with product teams to define and refine feature specifications.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of experience in building, testing, releasing, and maintaining Android applications in Java and Kotlin
- Experience with Jetpack Libraries
- Advocate of clean code, good architecture, and great testing practices
- Holistic view of the product with experience working with cross-functional teams
- Experience setting up and maintaining CI/CD infrastructure with the goal of continuously delivering value to our customers as often and safely as possible
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Eager to learn and teach through collaboration
- Substantial experience with Git in a team environment
- Experience working with a relational database
- Comfort working with RESTful APIs
Covenant Consulting strives to attract, cultivate and retain exceptional talent. If you feel you are a match for the position, and are interested in a great growth opportunity, we encourage you to contact Elise.Hebert@Covenant-Consulting.com
Covenant Consulting is a Technology Services Provider offering project-based IT consulting, IT staffing and IT recruiting services. Every partnership reflects our uncompromising commitment to quality and integrity. We have extensive experience and capabilities in project-based consulting, short and long-term staff augmentation, and permanent recruitment. We work with companies of every size, across many industries and have the flexibility to scale solutions to meet our client's specific needs.
- Experience migrating a large legacy codebase to modern standards
- Experience with Jetpack Compose
- Experience with Dagger and Hilt
- Experience with Kotlin Coroutines
- Experience with MVVM or MVI
- Experience building iOS apps