Application Security Engineer - .NET (remote)
Full Time / Direct-Hire
Lenexa, KS (Kansas City)
Our client is an independent information security firm of software, network, and enterprise security experts. Their services enable organizations to conduct business with confidence by providing full visibility of IT risks and equipping each organization with the knowledge and proven best practices to effectively address weaknesses, manage risk, and improve security posture.
Responsible for planning, implementing, upgrading, and monitoring security measures for the protection of computer networks and information. Will perform secure coding, building, and integrating tools to detect and report on application vulnerabilities. Will write application security standards, analyze business requirements, and troubleshoot complex software application issues.
- Identify new security threats by conducting continuous monitoring, penetration testing, vulnerability assessments, and related analysis.
- Support the design, testing, and implementation of complex security solutions to meet security and regulatory requirements for cloud environments.
- Will build security solutions with .NET, C#, Microsoft stack, Angular JS, iOS/Android technologies.
- Utilize Appsec tools: OWASP ZAP, ILSpy, dnSpy, JD-GUI, Frida
- Design and develop highly flexible common security components and APIs that enable the build of custom solutions that will be used across our company.
- Develop threat models and perform security health checks on products and services in the public cloud and develop code to address threats and recurring issues.
- Develop and maintain the security architecture diagrams.
- Participate in design and code reviews as needed and provide appropriate recommendations.
- Develop best practices to ensure software security, functionality, usability, reliability, and availability.
- .NET/C#, familiarity with Microsoft stack
- Angular JS
- iOS/Android (preferred, not required)
- Github page would be a plus
- Testing experience would be nice to have but not required
- Cyber security experience/knowledge or a sincere interest in the cyber security space
- Burp Suite knowledge (have you ever ripped something apart?)
- Appsec tools – OWASP ZAP, ILSpy, dnSpy, JD-GUI, or Frida preferred
Covenant Consulting strives to attract, cultivate and retain exceptional talent. If you feel you are a match for the position, and are interested in a great growth opportunity, we encourage you to contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Covenant Consulting is a Technology Services Provider offering project-based IT consulting, IT staffing and IT recruiting services. Every partnership reflects our uncompromising commitment to quality and integrity. We have extensive experience and capabilities in project-based consulting, short and long-term staff augmentation, and permanent recruitment. We work with companies of every size, across many industries and have the flexibility to scale solutions to meet our client's specific needs.