Database Analyst/Programmer is tasked with creating and maintaining programmatic ways to automate data source import processes and harvesting of public websites. Database Programmers must be able to work equally well in both technical and non-technical environments and effectively communicate technical information in a common, non-technical manner. This individual must work well in a fast-paced, demanding environment; the ability to efficiently organize and prioritize projects and assignments to meet deadlines is essential to success. A background in healthcare IT or healthcare data is helpful but not required for this position.
- Program SQL statements in MS SQL databases to transform data from varied formats into standardized formats.
- Create stored procedures and scripts to perform ETL.
- Use internal SQL-based systems to import, process, and clean client-supplied data files in various formats
- Work closely with the client-facing team to identify data sources
- Work with internal and external tools to harvest data from publicly available websites
- Requires excellent QA skills to closely review post-processed data to ensure data accuracy and integrity
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Various Internal data management systems
- Requires minimal daily supervision
- Receives detailed instruction on new assignments and determines next steps with guidance
- Regularly reviews goals and objectives with supervisor
- Demonstrates competence in relevant job responsibilities which allows for an increasing level of independence
- Must have a professional manner and respect the confidentiality of administrative matters and files.
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Makes logical suggestions of likely causes of problems and independently suggest solutions
- Excellent organizational skills are required to prioritize responsibilities, thus completing work in a timely fashion.
- Outstanding ability to multi-tasks as required.
- Excellent project management skills
- Attention to detail and concern for impact is essential
Education and Professional Experience:
- Must work well with others
- Effectively communicates with others by giving and receiving feedback
- Communicates ideas and information clear.
- Must have good verbal and presentation skills to effectively interface with the entire staff and external representatives from business and client communities
- 4+ years of relevant experience
- Experience with ETL (DTS/SSIS), SQL Server, or other databases
- Understanding of T-SQL, stored procedures
- Must demonstrate good analytical skills as it relates to data identification and mapping and good oral communication skills.
- Must be flexible and able to multi-task and be able to work within deadlines; must be team-oriented, but also be able to work independently.