: Cloud Platform / Network System Operations Support Manager (Crypto Trading Platform)
: Overland Park, KS
(100% Remote USA)
Commensurate with Experience + Percentage of Companies Monthly P&L every month! Game Changer!
Normal CST Day Shift Hours but availability as highest escalation point
CLIENT'S TECH STACK:
Algorithmic Trading, Cryptocurrency Trading Platform, Amazon Cloud Platform, AWS Lambda, AWS Serverless Infrastructure, AWS Kinesis, AWS Control Tower, EC2, S3, DevOps, C++, Rust, Python, Linux, PagerDuty Incident Management, DataDog, Slack, JIRA, Confluence, Zoom
AREAS OF EXPERTISE NEEDED:
IT Support Management or Team Lead Experience, Tier 3 Escalation Level, Network and System Administration, Network Operations Support and Monitoring, Cloud Site Reliability, Alerting/Logging/Monitoring, Incident Management with PagerDuty, Determining Severity Levels, Understanding the Process of Escalation, Creating Escalation Process and Runbook, Creating Alert Rotation in PagerDuty, Reporting, Passion for Cryptocurrency
TRAINING AVAILABLE TO LEARN SYSTEMS
- Initial interview will be w/ Hiring Manager - video call
- Interview w/ 1-2 technical resources
- Final Interview with the President
Our client is a highly profitable, major player in worldwide crypto markets and trades billions of dollars every month across a wide range of approximately 200 crypto currencies. We are consistently ranked among the largest trading firms on the biggest exchanges in the space.
Without customer facing interaction, our client, behind the scenes, successfully processes over 12K quotes per second and are responsible for millions of transactions in the crypto exchange. Companies that buy, sell and trade with this platform make hundreds of thousands per day.
Obviously an operation such as theirs, needs to have a network system operations team that understands high availability, never down mentality when monitoring for any network system anomalies or extreme ups/downs or issues and troubleshoot, alert or escalate . They have a team of blockchain developers, big data scientists and network system operations engineers across the globe keeping this platform up and running 24x7x365. This platform leverages AWS Serverless Infrastructure as Code (IaC) solutions, AWS Lambda for serverless compute, AWS Kinesis for processing and analyzing big data streams, AWS Control Tower, C++, Rust, Python, Linux Servers, Incident Escalation Management with PagerDuty, and DataDog for Monitoring/Logging tools
We are hiring a Global Manager of Platform Support to manage the team of network system operations engineers that are dispersed across the world in several time zones. The person in this role will work in the US time zone handling any escalation issues, help continue to build the network operations support team and have high visibility throughout the company. This is considered one of the most important positions in the company and with that comes huge responsibility where your expertise will directly have an impact on the profitability of the company as a whole. With that responsibility comes significant rewards as well.
Please note that we do not trade directly with retail clients and as such we purposefully do not maintain a client facing presence.
- Building and leading a team of System Operation Engineers
- Responsible for a 24/7/365 Cloud Platform which would require hands on L3 support as the 3rd tier escalation.
- Maintenance of application infrastructure in AWS
- Monitoring and error management in multiple environments and applications
- Communication with management keeping them updated on any issues and working with them to come to a rapid resolution
- Continuous improvement of monitoring, system efficiency, security and service reliability.
- Documenting systems and processes as necessary to ensure operational continuity
Covenant Consulting strives to attract, cultivate and retain exceptional talent. If you feel you are a match for the position, and are interested in a great growth opportunity, we encourage you to contact Shannon.McInnis@Covenant-Consulting.com
Covenant Consulting is a Technology Services Provider offering project-based IT consulting, IT staffing and IT recruiting services. Every partnership reflects our uncompromising commitment to quality and integrity. We have extensive experience and capabilities in project-based consulting, short and long-term staff augmentation, and permanent recruitment. We work with companies of every size, across many industries and have the flexibility to scale solutions to meet our client's specific needs.
- Basic Linux administration
- Cloud and virtualization (Amazon AWS or equivalent)
- Log monitoring (DataDog) and Data Log Ingestion
- Incident management and Alerting / Monitoring / Rotation (PagerDuty)
- Escalation Process Creation and Understanding
- Experience creating a Runbook
- Knowledge, experience and interest in crypto highly desirable
- AWS Lambda, Serverless Infrastructure as Code (IaC) nice to have
- Programming and configuration management (Python, Rust, C++ also a nice to have)
- 8+ years’ experience working in a similar capacity
- 2+ years' experience in managing a team with at least 5+ direct reports
- AWS Certified Architect (Associate Level or Professional Level) Nice to Have and Highly Desired