Our client, the maker of the #1 Diet and Nutrition app is looking for a highly skilled and experienced Search Solutions Engineer to join the team. Data is the lifeblood of the applications and enable the ability to operate a highly dependent on great search architecture and design, fast runtime I/O, and robust data capabilities. The engineering teams leverage a variety of data technologies - both proprietary and open-source. It’ll be your responsibility to help evaluate and provide advice on a smart go-forward strategy for technology selection, design and implementation.
This role is a direct hire opportunity, will not enter into a C2C relationship or provide sponsorship.
What you’ll be doing:
What’s needed to be successful
- You will work with our engineering and product teams in support of MyFitnessPal to solve critical user problems using a wide variety of technologies
- You will assess and work towards deliberate and sustainable technology and architecture solutions
- You will be comfortable with distributed I/O patterns, search performance tuning including data-design, indexing, evaluation and improvement
- MyFitnessPal never stops evolving and your role in our ability to safely and quickly service the business is critical
What can really set you apart
- Substantial Elasticsearch development and administration experience
- Observed and identified pain points, priorities, requirements, and success criteria.
- Resolved non-trivial search issues involving APIs, Elasticsearch and related technologies
- Identified opportunities to help with additional search solutions
- Experience in performance tuning, query analysis, defining success criteria and metrics, designing ranking and relevance experiments and optimizing Elasticsearch
- Knowledge of high availability and disaster recovery options for Elasticsearch
- Participate in the open-source community providing fixes and improvements when possible
Covenant Consulting strives to attract, cultivate and retain exceptional talent. If you feel you are a match for the position, and are interested in a great growth opportunity, we encourage you to contact Elise.Hebert@Covenant-Consulting.com
Covenant Consulting is a Technology Services Provider offering project-based IT consulting, IT staffing and IT recruiting services. Every partnership reflects our uncompromising commitment to quality and integrity. We have extensive experience and capabilities in project-based consulting, short and long-term staff augmentation, and permanent recruitment. We work with companies of every size, across many industries and have the flexibility to scale solutions to meet our client's specific needs.
- Interest in and/or experience working with MongoDB, MySQL and other data stores a plus