TITLE: AWS Cloud Engineer
LOCATION: Remote USA
TYPE: 1099 Until 01/01/22 Due to company moving to the US / Perm W2 beginning 01/01/22
SALARY: Commensurate with Experience (Targeting 100-120K Base)
BONUS: Very Competitive Quarterly Bonus Opportunity which averages 50% of your salary (I,e., 150K-180K)
AREAS OF EXPERTISE: AWS Platform Engineering, AWS Operations, AWS Performance Tuning, Amazon EC2, AWS Lambda, AWS Serverless IaC Architectures, AWS Kinesis, AWS Control Tower, Security Hub, S3, Billing/Cost Explorer, CodeCommit, CodeDeploy, Python, Large AWS Instance experience (our client has a C5 with 96 cores), General Network and System Administration, Passion for Cryptocurrency, C++ and Rust nice to have.
Our client is a highly profitable, major player in worldwide crypto markets and trades billions of dollars every month across a wide range of approximately 200 crypto currencies. They are consistently ranked among the largest trading firms on the biggest exchanges in the space.
Our client’s team is small and highly skilled and is looking to expand remotely. We are currently seeking a full-time AWS Cloud Engineer/Architect. My client is moving from a single account, basic C5 instance infrastructure, to a multi-account AWS Control Tower infrastructure. This person will heavily influence the AWS Strategy and execution for my client but will have a cross-functional team working to support this effort. This person will set the direction and roadmap the AWS strategy. We need someone experienced with AWS Management and Governance, Infrastructure as Code (IaC), AWS Cloud Deployment Kit (CDK), AWS CLI, AWS Security IAM, Control Tower, Cost Management, Kinesis, Lambda and any AWS Development Tools, like CodeBuild, CodeCommit, CodeDeploy, CodePipeline would be a plus.
Please note that our client does not trade directly with retail clients and as such they purposefully do not maintain a client facing presence.
- 30 min phone screen with Hiring Manager
- 30-45 min technical phone screen with 1-2 Technical Resources and Head of Development
- 30 min technical phone call with President
NOTE: notwithstanding the fact that we are largely remote from one another, and operate over different time zones, we have a really positive happy culture, and we will not lose this to accommodate a “difficult” personality regardless of a candidate’s abilities and experience.
At least 5 years professional experience, including working on systems with significant high performance compute requirements.
We run a mainly Kanban process, balancing medium and long-term initiatives with adapting flexibly to rapidly changing requirements.
- be flexible, insofar as: we are a 24-hour company, and some small parts of your weekly calendar will be stretched outside the regular working-hours for your time zone in order to communicate effectively with your team and with the organization as a whole; your tasks will vary, since we are a small team with heterogeneous activities.
- be self-sufficient, insofar as: you will look to take on tasks proactively; you will work independently for a significant proportion of your time, but always with a view to integrating your work with that of your colleagues; you will also look to work closely with your colleagues on tasks that will integrate with theirs.
- be collegial, confident, friendly, and respectful, insofar as: we are a high-performing team, within a high-performing organization; we are not afraid to challenge each other; we are not afraid to take on tasks that stretch us, nor to respond that we’re outstretched and obtain help; we are resilient and strong, and able to give and take criticism about each other’s work with polite candor and without affront.
- understand software-quality and pursue it relentlessly, balancing this against expeditious project-management decisions attendant with a rapidly changing product domain. This will be obtained by good up-front decision-making by you and the team; and recording of compromises for future remedy. We do not leave tech-debt behind long-term.
- be pragmatic, insofar as: you can take a simplest-first approach to one-off tasks.
- be lazy, insofar as: when you find yourself doing manually a task you’ve done before, you’ll be inclined to spend the extra time to automate it, so you don’t have to do it again, and nor does your colleague.
- be curious and intelligent, because what we do is challenging, ever-changing, interesting, and kind of hard. But lots of fun.
- Maintenance of application infrastructure in AWS
- Monitoring and error management in multiple environments and applications
- Communication with management keeping them updated on any issues and working with them to come to a rapid resolution
- Continuous improvement of monitoring, system efficiency, security and service reliability.
- Documenting systems and processes as necessary to ensure operational continuity
AMAZON CLOUD SERVICES UTILIZED
- Basic Linux administration
- Cloud and virtualization (Amazon AWS)
- AWS Lambda, Serverless Infrastructure as Code (IaC)
- AWS Control Tower and CLI
- AWS Cloud Development Kit (CDK) and AWS Identity & Access Management (IAM)
- Amazon Kinesis for real-time data streaming
- Programming and configuration management (Python highly desirable)
- Knowledge, experience and interest in crypto highly desirable
- 5 years’ experience working in a similar capacity
- AWS Certified Architect (Associate Level or Professional Level) Highly Desired
MANAGEMENT & GOVERNANCE
Covenant Consulting strives to attract, cultivate and retain exceptional talent. If you feel you are a match for the position, and are interested in a great growth opportunity, we encourage you to contact noah.meyer@Covenant-Consulting.com
Amazon CLI (REQUIRED)
AWS Control Tower (REQUIRED)
Amazon CloudWatch (EXTRA CREDIT)
AWS CloudFormation (EXTRA CREDIT)
AWS License Manager (EXTRA CREDIT)
Amazon ElasticSearch Service (EXTRA CREDIT)
Amazon Kinesis (REQUIRED)
Amazon MQ (EXTRA CREDIT)
Amazon SNS (EXTRA CREDIT)
Amazon SQS (EXTRA CREDIT)
AWS COST MANAGEMENT
AWS Cost Explorer (EXTRA CREDIT)
AWS Lambda (REQUIRED)
AWS Serverless Application Repository (EXTRA CREDIT)
AWS Cloud Development Kit (CDK) (REQUIRED)
AWS CodeBuild (EXTRA CREDIT)
AWS CodeCommit (EXTRA CREDIT)
AWS CodeDeploy (EXTRA CREDIT)
AWS CodePipeline (EXTRA CREDIT)
NETWORKING & CONTENT DELIVERY
Amazon API Gateway (EXTRA CREDIT)
Amazon CloudFront (EXTRA CREDIT)
AWS Identity & Access Management (IAM) (REQUIRED)
Amazon GuardDuty (EXTRA CREDIT)
Amazon Detective (EXTRA CREDIT)
AWS Security Hub (EXTRA CREDIT)
Covenant Consulting is a Technology Services Provider offering project-based IT consulting, IT staffing and IT recruiting services. Every partnership reflects our uncompromising commitment to quality and integrity. We have extensive experience and capabilities in project-based consulting, short and long-term staff augmentation, and permanent recruitment. We work with companies of every size, across many industries and have the flexibility to scale solutions to meet our client's specific needs.