: Jr. Network Operations Support Engineer (Cryptocurrency Trading Platform)
: Overland Park, KS
(100% Remote but need candidate to be local for occasional onsite collaboration)
Commensurate with Experience – Game Changer Bonus Opportunity
Normal CST Day Shift Hours
CLIENT'S TECH STACK:
Algorithmic Trading, Cryptocurrency Trading Platform, Amazon Cloud Platform, AWS Lambda, AWS Serverless Infrastructure, AWS Kinesis, DevOps, C++, Rust, Python, Linux, SolarWinds Loggly, PagerDuty Incident Management, Slack, JIRA, Confluence, Zoom
AREAS OF EXPERTISE NEEDED:
Network and System Administration, Network Operations Support and Monitoring, Site Reliability, Alerting/Logging/Monitoring, Incident Management, Determining Severity Levels, Escalation, Reporting, Passion for Cryptocurrency
- Initial interview will be w/ Hiring Manager - video call
- Interview w/ 1-2 technical resources
- Final Interview with the President
FULL TRAINING PROVIDED
Our client is a highly profitable, major player in worldwide crypto markets and trades billions of dollars every month across a wide range of approximately 200 crypto currencies. We are consistently ranked among the largest trading firms on the biggest exchanges in the space.
Our team is small and highly skilled and is looking to expand remotely. We are initially looking for an IT Operations Specialist with background in Linux, AWS or DevOps nice to have) to assist with first line support, log monitoring, incident and system management and generally being responsible for ensuring everything is running as it should and escalating when it is not.
We are a 24x7 operation and work in a fast-paced environment where your work will directly impact on the profitability of the company as a whole.
Our existing team is based in the UK and so we are ideally looking to build our team in the US who can be responsible for hours outside of the UK, Hong Kong and Australia.
The right person will be someone who can work independently and take on a good degree of responsibility. The successful candidate needs to be able to take on challenges and think quickly and be self-sufficient in solving complex problems. For those that are able to achieve this there are significant rewards available.
Please note that we do not trade directly with retail clients and as such we purposefully do not maintain a client facing presence.
- Maintenance of application infrastructure in AWS
- Monitoring and error management in multiple environments and applications
- Communication with management keeping them updated on any issues and working with them to come to a rapid resolution
- Continuous improvement of monitoring, system efficiency, security and service reliability.
- Documenting systems and processes as necessary to ensure operational continuity
Covenant Consulting strives to attract, cultivate and retain exceptional talent. If you feel you are a match for the position, and are interested in a great growth opportunity, we encourage you to contact Shannon.McInnis@Covenant-Consulting.com
- Basic Linux administration
- Cloud and virtualization (Amazon AWS or equivalent)
- Log monitoring (Solar Winds Loggly or equivalent)
- Incident management (PagerDuty or equivalent)
- AWS Lambda, Serverless Infrastructure as Code (IaC) nice to have
- Programming and configuration management (Python nice to have)
- C++ or Rust nice to have
- Knowledge, experience and interest in crypto highly desirable
- 2-3+ years’ experience working in a similar capacity
Covenant Consulting is a Technology Services Provider offering project-based IT consulting, IT staffing and IT recruiting services. Every partnership reflects our uncompromising commitment to quality and integrity. We have extensive experience and capabilities in project-based consulting, short and long-term staff augmentation, and permanent recruitment. We work with companies of every size, across many industries and have the flexibility to scale solutions to meet our client's specific needs.