Our client, the maker of the #1 Diet and Nutrition app is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join the engineering team. Their users rely on them to power their health and fitness journeys every day. You’ll have the opportunity to positively impact those users with your expertise in the backend systems that drive the ecosystem. They place a high value on collaboration, mentorship, and inclusive environments.
While the majority of the work you will do will be in Scala, they also have Ruby, Go, C++, and Python throughout the stack.
This role is a direct hire opportunity, will not enter into a C2C relationship or provide sponsorship.
What you’ll be doing
- Build and maintain APIs that drive our user's experience, integrating with services and systems across the engineering teams
- Evaluate and improve existing systems and APIs to provide more robust solutions that allow others to move quickly and efficiently
- Support resolution of production issues across the entire stack
- Engage in code-reviews as a mentor and peer
Qualifications to be successful in this role:
Covenant Consulting strives to attract, cultivate and retain exceptional talent. If you feel you are a match for the position, and are interested in a great growth opportunity, we encourage you to contact Elise.Hebert@Covenant-Consulting.com
Covenant Consulting is a Technology Services Provider offering project-based IT consulting, IT staffing and IT recruiting services. Every partnership reflects our uncompromising commitment to quality and integrity. We have extensive experience and capabilities in project-based consulting, short and long-term staff augmentation, and permanent recruitment. We work with companies of every size, across many industries and have the flexibility to scale solutions to meet our client's specific needs.
- Built APIs for a multitude of clients, including but not limited to: Mobile, Web, Third-Party integrators
- Supported client teams through migrations efforts involving large-scale API changes
- Experience with a variety of API design patterns, such as REST & GraphQ
- Evolving APIs in a safe, incremental manner
- Experience with a variety of data stores (e.g. MySQL, MongoDB, DynamoDB, Redis)
- Experience supporting APIs that serve 100M+ requests per day
- Profiling and performance tuning applications