: EDI Communications Developer I – (21029P)
: 10990 Roe Ave, Overland Park, KS 66211
: On Site or Remote – Flexible
: Perm/Direct Hire
: Commensurate with 2 yrs. Experience.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Utilize the Trading Networks user interface in My webMethods to configure data communications with internal and external trading partners using standard communication protocols.
- Participate in an Agile-based team environment to develop core business integrations to bring a competitive advantage to our client in the transportation market.
- Involved in all aspects of the development lifecycle including development, user interaction, application testing and deployment.
- Work directly with external trading partners (Customers, 3rd Party Logistics Partners, Financial Institutions) to establish new connections for trading EDI X12 and non-X12 data.
- Monitor the transmission and receipt of electronic transactions in the Trading Networks user interface in My webMethods.
- Identify, trouble shoot and resolve day to day production issues in the Trading Networks user interface in My webMethods.
- Set up integrations with internal applications to trade non X12 data with vendors and service providers.
- Provide technical support and participate in On-Call rotation to resolve application issues.
- Interpret business requirements, create functional specifications, and determine the most efficient/appropriate technologies.
- Perform analysis of logical specifications and/or customer requirements to develop business solutions utilizing multiple technologies.
- Contribute to design of software solutions.
- Work with engineers and architects in continuous improvement initiatives.
- Collaborate with developers to implement solutions, resolve problems, and perform code reviews.
- Follow development best practices such as version control, unit testing, continuous integration, performance and security testing, and appropriate documentation.
- Ensure quality and maintain performance of deployed solutions.
- Assist with other projects as needed to contribute to efficiency and effectiveness of the organization.
- Adaptability - Maintaining effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work responsibilities or environment (e.g., people, processes, structure, or culture); adjusting effectively to change by exploring the benefits, trying new approaches, and collaborating with others to make the change successful.
- Building Trusting Relationships - Using appropriate interpersonal styles to establish effective relationships with customers and internal partners; interacting with others in a way that promotes openness and trust and gives them confidence in one’s intentions.
- Collaborating - Working cooperatively with others to help a team or work group achieve its goals.
- Communication - Conveying information and ideas clearly and concisely to individuals or groups in an engaging manner that help them understand and retain the message, listening actively to others.
- Continuous Learning - Actively identifying new areas for learning; regularly creating and taking advantage of learning opportunities; using newly gained knowledge and skill on the job and learning through their application.
- Initiating Action - Taking prompt action to accomplish work goals; taking action to achieve results beyond what is required; being proactive.
- Work Standards - Setting high standards of performance for self and others; assuming responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks; self-imposing standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed.
- Requires a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience.
- Up to Two (2) years related experience.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong technical aptitude, fast learner, and effective problem solver.
- Self-motivated, goal oriented, quality driven and capable of working both independently and in a team environment.
- Great team player with positive attitude.
- Must meet the following technical requirements:
- Experience working in a Linux environment.
- Basic understanding of shell scripting.
- Understanding of FTP, SFTP and AS2 communication protocols.
- Experience working with EDI communication tools, such as Trading Networks user interface in My webMethods or Sterling Integrator is preferred.
- Understanding of EDI processing.
- Competitive pay based on experience
- Employee selected medical, dental, and vision coverage for you and your family
- PTO and paid holidays
- 401k Retirement Plan
Covenant Consulting strives to attract, cultivate and retain exceptional talent. If you feel you are a match for the position, and are interested in a great growth opportunity, we encourage you to contact Shannon.McInnis@Covenant-Consulting.com
Covenant Consulting is a Technology Services Provider offering project-based IT consulting, IT staffing and IT recruiting services. Every partnership reflects our uncompromising commitment to quality and integrity. We have extensive experience and capabilities in project-based consulting, short and long-term staff augmentation, and permanent recruitment. We work with companies of every size, across many industries and have the flexibility to scale solutions to meet our client's specific needs.