: Technical Support Specialist I (210292)
: 10990 Roe Ave, Overland Park, KS 66211
: Perm/Direct Hire
: Commensurate with 2-3 Years of Experience
YEARS OF EXP
: 2-3 Years of NOC Support or Help Desk Experience
AREAS OF EXPERTISE:
IT Service Management tool experience (preferably ServiceNow)
Under direct supervision and providing best in class customer service, the Technical Support Specialist responds to and diagnoses incidents resulting from automated events or customer issues/requests. Includes incident recognition, research, isolation, and resolution steps. Can resolve basic incidents immediately and seeks assistance when necessary for more complex incidents. Utilizes effective communication and basic technical skills to ensure timely and effective resolution of incidents and requests. Actively provides feedback and assisting with making knowledge article improvements. Involves use of IT Service Management toolset.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide technical support for technology infrastructure, customer issues, and requests.
- Evaluate and respond appropriately to technology events, customer issues and requests via phone or email.
- Handle issues with some assistance. Ascertain the priority of incidents and escalates as appropriate.
- Ensure customer satisfaction on every call by following established call handling guidelines.
- Proactively communicate status and drive resolution of open issues. Possess communication skills to translate technical concepts to end users.
- Create, update and maintain records in the ITSM toolset.
- Provide input into work and implementation standards/processes/procedures when requested.
- Look for opportunities to update or create knowledge for 1st call resolution improvements.
- Possess a basic understanding of business areas/IT functions/technology areas and the relevant integration points.
- Identify high incident trends to aid with irreversible correction actions.
- Demonstrate desire to learn tier 2 technical skills in areas such as client, service management, applications and networking.
- Identify and initiate action and prioritizes with guidance.
- Adaptability - Maintaining effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work responsibilities or environment (e.g., people, processes, structure, or culture); adjusting effectively to change by exploring the benefits, trying new approaches, and collaborating with others to make the change successful.
- Building Trusting Relationships - Using appropriate interpersonal styles to establish effective relationships with customers and internal partners; interacting with others in a way that promotes openness and trust and gives them confidence in one’s intentions.
- Collaborating - Working cooperatively with others to help a team or work group achieve its goals.
- Communication - Conveying information and ideas clearly and concisely to individuals or groups in an engaging manner that help them understand and retain the message; listening actively to others.
- Continuous Learning - Actively identifying new areas for learning; regularly creating and taking advantage of learning opportunities; using newly gained knowledge and skill on the job and learning through their application.
- Initiating Action - Taking prompt action to accomplish work goals; taking action to achieve results beyond what is required; being proactive.
- Work Standards - Setting high standards of performance for self and others; assuming responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks; self-imposing standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed.
- Associates degree or equivalent experience.
- Prior Help Desk or Computer Operations/NOC (Network Operations Center) experience.
- Demonstrates knowledge of primary customer service responsibilities.
- Basic troubleshooting and analytical/problem-solving skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication.
- Some college or training certification preferred.
- Experience providing technical support or customer service
- IT Service Management tool experience (preferably ServiceNow).
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office including Outlook, Excel, Word, or SharePoint.
- Ability to work weekends, holidays and evenings.
- Competitive pay based on experience
- Employee selected medical, dental, and vision coverage for you and your family
- PTO and paid holidays and 401k Retirement Plan
Covenant Consulting strives to attract, cultivate and retain exceptional talent. If you feel you are a match for the position, and are interested in a great growth opportunity, we encourage you to contact Shannon.McInnis@Covenant-Consulting.com
Covenant Consulting is a Technology Services Provider offering project-based IT consulting, IT staffing and IT recruiting services. Every partnership reflects our uncompromising commitment to quality and integrity. We have extensive experience and capabilities in project-based consulting, short and long-term staff augmentation, and permanent recruitment. We work with companies of every size, across many industries and have the flexibility to scale solutions to meet our client's specific needs.