: Senior Data Scientist – (2004Q3)
: 10990 Roe Ave, Overland Park, KS 66211
: Remote or Onsite - Flexible
: Commensurate with 5+ Years of Experience
AREAS OF EXPERTISE:
Python, R, Qlikview, SQL, Business Intelligence, Tableau, Machine Learning
• Initial interview will be w/ Hiring Manager - video call
• Interview w/ 1-2 technical resources
Under moderate supervision and guidance, provide advanced analytics solutions using innovation and sound methodology to problem-solving and solution delivery. Communicate approaches and solutions with the customers, management, and team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Applies and integrates statistical, mathematical, predictive modeling and business analysis skills to provide high-value data-driven solutions.
2. Develops and maintains data pipelines that connect internal and external data sets.
3. Creates new data collection frameworks for structured and unstructured data.
4. Continuous education to build a living knowledge of the organization, processes and customers.
5. Uses prescribed guidelines or policies to analyze and resolve problems.
- Maintaining effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work responsibilities or environment (e.g., people, processes, structure, or culture); adjusting effectively to change by exploring the benefits, trying new approaches, and collaborating with others to make the change successful.
2. Building Trusting Relationships
- Using appropriate interpersonal styles to establish effective relationships with customers and internal partners; interacting with others in a way that promotes openness and trust and gives them confidence in one’s intentions.
- Working cooperatively with others to help a team or work group achieve its goals.
- Conveying information and ideas clearly and concisely to individuals or groups in an engaging manner that help them understand and retain the message, listening actively to others.
5. Continuous Learning
- Actively identifying new areas for learning; regularly creating and taking advantage of learning opportunities; using newly gained knowledge and skill on the job and learning through their application.
6. Initiating Action
- Taking prompt action to accomplish work goals; taking action to achieve results beyond what is required; being proactive.
7. Work Standards - Setting high standards of performance for self and others; assuming responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks; self-imposing standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed.
1. Bachelor’s degree specializing in Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, or related field
2. Five (5)
or more years working with Python, R, QlikView, Tableau, SQL
to pull together disparate data sources or a combination of work experience and professional research.
3. Five (5)
or more years working in implementing machine learning and deep neural networks in the cloud
4. Sound knowledge of traditional as well as agile
software development methodologies.
5. Familiarity with a variety of RDMS and Big Data storage
6. Strong analytical and quantitative skills.
7. Strong ability to carry out research and innovation.
8. Highly effective working in a team, as well as working independently.
9. Demonstrated good oral and written communication skills.
10. Demonstrated strong customer service and interpersonal skills.
1. Master’s in Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, or related field.
2. Experience with AWS or Azure.
3. Oracle, SQL Server, Redshift, and Azure Synapse RDBMS experience
4. Experience with SQL SSAS
(Tabular and Multidimensional) and MS PowerBI
- Competitive pay based on experience
- Employee selected medical, dental, and vision coverage for you and your family
- PTO and paid holidays
- 401k Retirement Plan