TITLE: AWS DevOps Support Engineer
AREAS OF EXPERTISE: Amazon Cloud Platform, AWS, DevOps, Python, Linux, Site Reliability, Logging and Monitoring, Solar Winds Loggly, Incident Management, Crypto Trading Support
LOCATION: 100% Remote USA
DURATION: Ongoing - could become a perm full time role
SHIFT: Weekends - USA HOURS
CONTRACT RATE: 60-70/Hr. 1099 or W2
• Initial interview will be w/ Hiring Manager - video call
• Interview w/ 1-2 technical resources
Our client is a highly profitable, major player in worldwide crypto markets and trades billions of dollars every month across a wide range of products. We are consistently ranked among the largest trading firms on the biggest exchanges in the space.
Our team is small and highly skilled and is looking to expand remotely. We are initially looking for an IT Ops Specialist with background in AWS Cloud and DevOps to assist with support, system management and generally being responsible for ensuring everything is running as it should.
We are a 24x7 operation and work in a fast paced environment where your work will directly impact on the profitability of the company as a whole.
Our existing team is based in the UK and so we are ideally looking for in the US time zone who can be responsible outside of UK hours.
The right person will be someone who can work independently and take on a good degree of responsibility. The successful candidate needs to be able to take on challenges and think quickly and be self sufficient in solving complex problems. For those that are able to achieve this there are significant rewards available.
Please note that we do not trade directly with retail clients and as such we purposefully do not maintain a client facing presence.
• Maintenance of application infrastructure in AWS
• Monitoring and error management in multiple environments and applications
• Communication with management keeping them updated on any issues and working with them to come to a rapid resolution
• Continuous improvement of monitoring, system efficiency, security and service reliability.
• Documenting systems and processes as necessary to ensure operational continuity
• Basic Linux administration
• Cloud and virtualization (Amazon AWS or equivalent)
• Programming and configuration management (Python highly desirable)
• Log monitoring (Solar Winds Loggly or equivalent)
• Incident management (PagerDuty or equivalent)
• Knowledge or interest in crypto highly desirable
• 3+ years experience working in a similar capacity
Covenant Consulting strives to attract, cultivate and retain exceptional talent. If you feel you are a match for the position, and are interested in a great growth opportunity, we encourage you to contact Shannon.McInnis@Covenant-Consulting.com
Covenant Consulting is a Technology Services Provider offering project-based IT consulting, IT staffing and IT recruiting services. Every partnership reflects our uncompromising commitment to quality and integrity. We have extensive experience and capabilities in project-based consulting, short and long-term staff augmentation, and permanent recruitment. We work with companies of every size, across many industries and have the flexibility to scale solutions to meet our client's specific needs.