: Sr. DevOps Engineer (2101VM)
: 10990 Roe Ave, Overland Park, KS 66211
: Remote or On Site - Flexible
: Commensurate with 5+ Years of Experience
YEARS OF EXP
: 5+ Yrs. in DevOps
AREAS OF EXPERTISE:
DevOps, DevSecOps, CI / CD, Docker, Kubernetes, AWS ECS, Fargate, Maven, Jenkins, Ansible, Jira, GitLab, GitHub, CircleCI, infrastructure as code (IaC), Terraform
• Initial interview will be w/ Hiring Manager - video call
• Interview w/ 1-2 technical resources – video call
Our client is looking for an experienced Sr. DevOps Engineer. You will be part of a fast paced, customer driven team implementing a highly visible digital transformation program. The Sr. DevOps Engineer will partner with team members across the enterprise to design, implement and support a modern CI/CD system to automate the building, testing and deployment of cloud-based digital solutions. The Sr. DevOps Engineer will play a key role in advancing digital application development and process automation. If you have a passion and desire for making a positive impact to the company bottom line this is the place for you.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Build, maintain and extend automated Continuous Improvement (CI) and Continuous Delivery (CD) pipelines for cloud-based digital applications.
- Guide organization towards self-service DevOps model with aspiration for fully automated, zero downtime deployments.
- Drive design and implementation of cloud-based development environment.
- Engage with development and quality assurance teams to adopt and continuously improve best practices for software delivery.
- Participate in the development, evaluation and recommendation of tools, processes, and best practices to improve quality, consistency, and velocity of solution delivery.
- Implement and support automation and scripting.
- Configure and maintain software development tools spanning source control, continuous integration/delivery, testing, code review, etc.
- Perform DevOps duties as needed to administer and maintain the configuration, health, and enhancement of the digital solution platform.
- Stay abreast technology trends and best practices, making recommendations for improvement.
- Provide consultation and training on CI/CD tooling and processes.
- Adaptability - Maintaining effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work responsibilities or environment (e.g., people, processes, structure, or culture); adjusting effectively to change by exploring the benefits, trying new approaches, and collaborating with others to make the change successful.
- Building Trusting Relationships - Using appropriate interpersonal styles to establish effective relationships with customers and internal partners; interacting with others in a way that promotes openness and trust and gives them confidence in one’s intentions.
- Collaborating - Working cooperatively with others to help a team or work group achieve its goals.
- Communication - Conveying information and ideas clearly and concisely to individuals or groups in an engaging manner that help them understand and retain the message; listening actively to others.
- Continuous Learning - Actively identifying new areas for learning; regularly creating and taking advantage of learning opportunities; using newly gained knowledge and skill on the job and learning through their application.
- Initiating Action - Taking prompt action to accomplish work goals; taking action to achieve results beyond what is required; being proactive.
- Work Standards - Setting high standards of performance for self and others; assuming responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks; self-imposing standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, or related field.
- Five or more years’ experience with DevSecOps or DevOps engineering.
- Strong working knowledge CI/CD best practices and systems.
- Ability to provide leadership, guidance and solutions needed to achieve results and instill positive cultural change in the practice of DevOps.
- Experience with application development and implementations in cloud environment - Azure or AWS
- Experience with container technologies such as Docker, Kubernetes, AWS ECS, Fargate (or comparable).
- Strong knowledge of CI/CD pipeline automation using tools such as Maven, Jenkins, Ansible or equivalent and Jira and Confluence.
- Strong background in creating secure cloud architectures for customer facing applications that are enterprise grade and highly scalable.
- Excellent understanding of micro-services architecture, design patterns, and standard methodologies with an eye towards scale, automation, resiliency, high availability, and disaster recovery.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong technical aptitude, fast learner, and effective problem solver.
- Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities.
- Strong programming and scripting fundamentals – Python, Java, Linux Shell or equivalent
- Knowledge of GitLab, GitHub Actions, CircleCI or equivalent.
- Experience with infrastructure as code (IaC) tools (e.g., Terraform).
- Experience troubleshooting applications using network tools such as wireshark, tcpdump, traceroute, and telnet.
- Experience provisioning infrastructure on premise and in cloud environments.
- Competitive pay based on experience
- Employee selected medical, dental, and vision coverage for you and your family
- PTO and paid holidays
- 401k Retirement Plan