: IT Manager – Network Engineering and Tools – (2101YW)
: 10990 Roe Ave, Overland Park, KS 66211
: Remote or Onsite
: Commensurate with 5-10 years of Experience
YEARS OF EXP
: 5-10 Yrs. in Network Engineering, Infrastructure Architecture, Managing Teams of 10-20 People
AREAS OF EXPERTISE:
Managing Network Engineering Teams, Wired/Wireless Networking, 24x7 Network Support, Cloud Services, Cisco, Citrix, NetScaler, Palo Alto, ITIL, Service Delivery.
• Initial interview will be w/ Hiring Manager - video call
• Interview w/ 1-2 technical resources
Looking for an Network Infrastructure IT Manager to provide leadership and implementation of 24x7 IT operations and support. This role prioritizes the needs for and serves the customers of all 4 of the company's major operating branches, nationwide.
The IT Manager of Network Engineering and Tools provides operational leadership and direction to deliver optimized services and support for assigned infrastructure functions, including:
The Manager of network Engineering and Tools is accountable for leading teams that manage a portfolio of projects and services, including the implementation of new and ongoing maintenance of software, hardware and services. The IT Manager is responsible for the overall growth and development of 10-20 IT professionals and enhancing departmental execution capability and talent pipeline.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop a roadmap to deliver and support network Data infrastructure and solutions.
- Develop Network Data strategies that provide highly available solutions at an effective cost structure.
- Drives a team responsible for Batch job scheduling and Print Distribution Solutions
- Responsible for Operational implementation of Public Cloud Infrastructure related to Connectivity/Compute/Storage/Backup and Recovery
- Develop & Drive Strategy (35%)
- Maintain current understanding of emerging technologies aligned to business needs
- Partner with key stakeholders to develop the infrastructure roadmap for areas of responsibility, identify and recommend new solutions to meet priority business needs
- Identify long and short-range projects/plans to drive improvements in areas of assigned responsibility; partner with IT leadership to align on key strategies and priorities
- Deliver Reliable Solutions & Technology (20%)
- Drive lifecycle management of solutions from selection to implementation to currency upgrades and/or sunset/termination
- Drive projects and goals/objectives in a planful and organized manner, ensuing quality and timely delivery within approved budget
- Provide clear communication on approach, status, issues and risks on a regular basis to manage stakeholder expectations
- Develop relationships with key vendors and create cost-efficient and support development of comprehensive contracts that protect YRCW
- Operational Support & Service Management (20%)
- 24X7 operation of IT services, designed to serve and protect ~400 terminals and facility locations
- Provide resource alignment to deliver 24x7 production support, including on-call schedules and escalated support response
- Provide stable, available and operationally effective services and solutions
- Execute change implementation practices that reduce business risk and overall downtime
- Seek customer feedback regularly to ensure services and support are efficient and effective; surface and identify repeat problems or service challenges. Craft and drive improvement plans to close gaps
- Develop and drive improvements from operational and solution health metrics (service metrics including utilization, availability, costs, etc.)
- Financial & Performance Management (25%)
- Drive the growth, development and overall performance improvement of the department
- Lead and grow a high-performance team by selecting high potential talent, training, coaching and providing developmental assignments.
- Participate in annual financial budgeting/planning processes.
- Manage actuals to budget and timely communication of budget exceptions and assist with development of plans to close gaps
- Human resource management including interviewing, hiring new employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; career development
- Adaptability - Maintaining effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work responsibilities or environment (e.g., people, processes, structure, or culture); adjusting effectively to change by exploring the benefits, trying new approaches, and collaborating with others to make the change successful.
- Building Trusting Relationships - Using appropriate interpersonal styles to establish effective relationships with customers and internal partners; interacting with others in a way that promotes openness and trust and gives them confidence in one’s intentions.
- Collaborating - Working cooperatively with others to help a team or work group achieve its goals.
- Communication - Conveying information and ideas clearly and concisely to individuals or groups in an engaging manner that help them understand and retain the message; listening actively to others.
- Continuous Learning - Actively identifying new areas for learning; regularly creating and taking advantage of learning opportunities; using newly gained knowledge and skill on the job and learning through their application.
- Initiating Action - Taking prompt action to accomplish work goals; taking action to achieve results beyond what is required; being proactive.
- Work Standards - Setting high standards of performance for self and others; assuming responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks; self-imposing standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed.
- Bachelor's degree in related field
- 5-10 years IT infrastructure engineering and support related experience; demonstrated leadership (team lead, project management, etc.)
- Experience managing complex projects
- Experience with cloud solutions and managed services
- Experience with managing CISCO, Palo Alto, NetScaler solutions or other equivalent industry technologies
- Familiarity with managing QOS best practices, wireless technologies, designing and supporting cloud services.
- Proven experience with researching, piloting and implementing new technologies.
- Experience in designing, implementing and supporting large enterprise networks including data centers, remote/branch sites and high-volume call centers.
- Proven leadership experience in related fields, including Infrastructure and Solution Development
- Solution selection, design and implementation for large scale, complex environments
- Understanding of ITIL model or similar framework for IT service delivery
- IT vendor management experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Specific technology certifications related to Network and Cloud
- Experience managing teams of 10-20+ IT resources
- ITIL Certification or experience with using it for IT Service Delivery
- Freight and Logistics industry experience
- MBA or advanced degree in related field
- Competitive pay based on experience
- Employee selected medical, dental, and vision coverage for you and your family
- PTO and paid holidays
- 401k Retirement Plan