: Web Development Manager – (2101YR)
: 10990 Roe Ave, Overland Park, KS 66211
: Remote for Now
: Commensurate with 5-10 Years of Web Development and maybe Team Lead or Small Team Management Experience
• Initial interview will be w/ Hiring Manager - video call
• Interview w/ 1-2 technical resources
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for providing leadership and direction to deliver optimized services and support for assigned functions.
- Role is accountable for leading teams that manage a portfolio of projects and services.
- Maintain current understanding of emerging technologies aligned to business needs.
- Partner with key stakeholders to develop the roadmap for areas of responsibility, identify and recommend new solutions to meet priority business needs.
- Identify long and short-range projects/plans to drive improvements in areas of assigned responsibility; partner with IT leadership to align on key strategies and priorities.
- Drive lifecycle management of solutions from selection to implementation to currency upgrades and/or sunset/termination.
- Drive projects and goals/objectives ensuring quality and timely delivery within approved budget.
- Provide clear communication on approach, status, issues and risks on a regular basis to manage stakeholder expectations.
- Develop relationships with key vendors and create cost-efficient and support development of comprehensive contracts that protect the company.
- Provide stable, available and operationally effective services and solutions.
- Seek customer feedback regularly to ensure services and support are efficient and effective; surface and identify repeat problems or service challenges. Craft and drive improvement plans to close gaps.
- Drive the growth, development and overall performance improvement of the department.
- Lead and grow a high-performance team by selecting high potential talent, training, coaching and providing developmental assignments.
- Participate in annual financial budgeting/planning processes.
- Manage actuals to budget and timely communication of budget exceptions and assist with development of plans to close gaps.
- Human resource management including interviewing, hiring new employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; career development.
- Adaptability - Maintaining effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work responsibilities or environment (e.g., people, processes, structure, or culture); adjusting effectively to change by exploring the benefits, trying new approaches, and collaborating with others to make the change successful.
- Building Trusting Relationships - Using appropriate interpersonal styles to establish effective relationships with customers and internal partners; interacting with others in a way that promotes openness and trust and gives them confidence in one’s intentions.
- Collaborating - Working cooperatively with others to help a team or work group achieve its goals.
- Communication - Conveying information and ideas clearly and concisely to individuals or groups in an engaging manner that help them understand and retain the message; listening actively to others.
- Continuous Learning - Actively identifying new areas for learning; regularly creating and taking advantage of learning opportunities; using newly gained knowledge and skill on the job and learning through their application.
- Initiating Action - Taking prompt action to accomplish work goals; taking action to achieve results beyond what is required; being proactive.
- Work Standards - Setting high standards of performance for self and others; assuming responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks; self-imposing standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed.
- Bachelor's degree in related field.
- Five (5) to ten (10) years IT related experience; demonstrated leadership (team lead, project management, etc.).
- Experience managing complex development projects.
- Specific technology, solution and process expertise.
- Experience with cloud solutions and ITIL and managed services.
- IT vendor management experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Specific technology certifications (based on manager role).
- Experience managing teams or being a team lead.
- ITIL Certification or experience with using it for IT Service Delivery.
- Freight and Logistics industry experience.
- MBA or advanced degree in related field.
- Competitive pay based on experience
- Employee selected medical, dental, and vision coverage for you and your family
- PTO and paid holidays
- 401k Retirement Plan
Covenant Consulting strives to attract, cultivate and retain exceptional talent. If you feel you are a match for the position, and are interested in a great growth opportunity, we encourage you to contact Shannon.McInnis@Covenant-Consulting.com
Covenant Consulting is a Technology Services Provider offering project-based IT consulting, IT staffing and IT recruiting services. Every partnership reflects our uncompromising commitment to quality and integrity. We have extensive experience and capabilities in project-based consulting, short and long-term staff augmentation, and permanent recruitment. We work with companies of every size, across many industries and have the flexibility to scale solutions to meet our client's specific needs.