: Full Stack React Node Developer II – (2101GL)
: 10990 Roe Ave, Overland Park, KS 66211 or USA
: Remote for Now – Could be Flexible either onsite or remote
: Commensurate with Experience
YEARS OF EXP
: 2 Yrs.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE:
• Initial interview will be w/ Hiring Manager - video call
• Interview w/ 1-2 technical resources
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- The Developer II leverages advanced software programming skills and strong understanding of digital best practices to develop, implement and maintain business solutions, interfaces, and utility programs.
- The Developer II works collaboratively with business partners to develop solutions enabling new capabilities and improving efficiencies.
- The Developer II participates as a member of a fast-paced agile team and collaborates cross-functionally to design and implement solutions providing competitive advantage to business operations.
- Perform moderate to complex programming assignments requiring an advanced understanding of established programming standards, methods and best practices.
- Gather and interpret business requirements, create functional specifications and determine the most efficient/appropriate technologies to achieve desired outcomes.
- Lead and mentor a team of developers in implementing solutions.
- Perform analysis of business models, logical specifications and/or customer requirements to design and build business solutions utilizing multiple technologies.
- Work with development teams to integrate solutions with company systems and third-party platforms.
- Contribute to and review technical designs of software solutions.
- Work with engineers and architects in continuous improvement initiatives.
- Conduct research into new technologies, development practices and frameworks.
- Collaborate with developers to implement solutions, resolve problems and perform code reviews.
- Contribute to and follow development best practices such as version control, unit testing, continuous integration, performance and security testing, and appropriate documentation.
- Work with vendor development teams to implement and support governance and change management processes.
- Prepare and execute regression and QA tests for configuration changes, upgrades, patching and enhancements.
- Provide best practice consulting to management, business partners and team members.
- Ensure quality and maintain performance of deployed solutions.
- Follow, contribute and support Agile-based software development practices.
- Provide technical support and participates in on-call rotation to resolve critical application issues.
- Assist with other projects as needed to contribute to efficiency and effectiveness of the organization.
- Adaptability - Maintaining effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work responsibilities or environment (e.g., people, processes, structure, or culture); adjusting effectively to change by exploring the benefits, trying new approaches, and collaborating with others to make the change successful.
- Building Trusting Relationships - Using appropriate interpersonal styles to establish effective relationships with customers and internal partners; interacting with others in a way that promotes openness and trust and gives them confidence in one’s intentions.
- Collaborating - Working cooperatively with others to help a team or work group achieve its goals.
- Communication - Conveying information and ideas clearly and concisely to individuals or groups in an engaging manner that help them understand and retain the message; listening actively to others.
- Continuous Learning - Actively identifying new areas for learning; regularly creating and taking advantage of learning opportunities; using newly gained knowledge and skill on the job and learning through their application.
- Initiating Action - Taking prompt action to accomplish work goals; taking action to achieve results beyond what is required; being proactive.
- Work Standards - Setting high standards of performance for self and others; assuming responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks; self-imposing standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed.
- Requires a bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong technical aptitude, fast learner and effective problem solver.
- Self-motivated, goal oriented and capable of working both independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities.
- Great team player with positive attitude.
- Java would be nice to have
- Experience integrating codebase with CI/CD processes using Gitlab, Maven, Jenkins, JIRA.
- Strong understanding of object-oriented programming and scalable software design.
- Advanced understanding of relational databases and SQL.
- Experience in unit testing
- Experience working with Agile methodologies (Scrum) and cross-functional teams (Product Owners, Scrum Masters, Developers, Designers, Business Analysts).
- Knowledge of API design standards, patterns and best-practices especially swagger and OpenAPI 3.0, REST, SOAP, MQ, JSON, Microservices preferred.
- Experience in building Cloud Native applications on AWS/Azure/GCP is preferred.
- Experience in using Apigee or a Cloud API Gateway is preferred.
- Knowledge of authentication, authorization of services via OAuth 2/OpenID Connect preferred.
- Awareness of software design principles and integration patterns in general and of consuming and creating REST and SOAP web services preferred.
- Transportation industry knowledge a plus.
- Competitive pay based on experience
- Employee selected medical, dental, and vision coverage for you and your family
- PTO and paid holidays
- 401k Retirement Plan