AREAS OF EXPERTISE:
: 10990 Roe Ave, Overland Park, KS 66211
: On Site or Remote - Flexible
: Commensurate with 3 Yrs. Experience, targeting 95K
• Initial interview will be w/ Hiring Manager - video call
• Interview w/ 1-2 technical resources
The Web Developer leverages advanced software programming skills and strong understanding of digital best practices to develop, implement and maintain web-based business solutions. The Web Developer works collaboratively with business partners to develop e-commerce and web-based self-service solutions promoting customer engagement and retention. The Web Developer participates as a member of a fast-paced agile team and collaborates cross-functionally to design and implement solutions providing competitive advantage to business operations. The Web Developer fosters continuous improvement by contributing to coding, testing and implementation best practices.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform moderate to complex programming assignments requiring an advanced understanding of established web/digital programming standards, methods and best practices.
- Gather and interpret business requirements, create functional specifications and determine the most efficient/appropriate technologies to achieve desired outcomes.
- Work with development teams to integrate web solutions with company systems and third-party platforms.
- Contribute to and review technical designs of software solutions.
- Work with engineers and architects in continuous improvement initiatives.
- Conduct research into new technologies, development practices and frameworks.
- Collaborate with developers to implement solutions, resolve problems and perform code reviews.
- Work with development teams to implement and support governance and change management processes.
- Prepare and execute regression and QA tests for configuration changes, upgrades, patching and enhancements.
- Provide best practice consulting to management, business partners and team members.
- Ensure quality and maintain performance of deployed solutions.
- Follow, contribute and support Agile-based software development practices.
- Provide technical support and participates in on-call rotation to resolve critical application issues.
- Adaptability - Maintaining effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work responsibilities or environment (e.g., people, processes, structure, or culture); adjusting effectively to change by exploring the benefits, trying new approaches, and collaborating with others to make the change successful.
- Building Trusting Relationships - Using appropriate interpersonal styles to establish effective relationships with customers and internal partners; interacting with others in a way that promotes openness and trust and gives them confidence in one’s intentions.
- Collaborating - Working cooperatively with others to help a team or work group achieve its goals.
- Communication - Conveying information and ideas clearly and concisely to individuals or groups in an engaging manner that help them understand and retain the message; listening actively to others.
- Continuous Learning - Actively identifying new areas for learning; regularly creating and taking advantage of learning opportunities; using newly gained knowledge and skill on the job and learning through their application.
- Initiating Action - Taking prompt action to accomplish work goals; taking action to achieve results beyond what is required; being proactive.
- Work Standards - Setting high standards of performance for self and others; assuming responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks; self-imposing standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed.
- Requires a bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong technical aptitude, fast learner and effective problem solver.
- Self-motivated, goal oriented and capable of working both independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities.
- Great team player with positive attitude.
- Strong understanding of object-oriented programming and scalable software design.
- Advanced experience with Java, JSP nice to have.
- Advanced understanding of relational databases and SQL.
- Experience with Git and SVN.
- Experience with current versions of React.js.
- Experience with Node.js.
- Competitive pay based on experience
- Employee selected medical, dental, and vision coverage for you and your family
- PTO and paid holidays
- 401k Retirement Plan