: Jr. BI/Database Developer I (2100V5)
: 10990 Roe Ave, Overland Park, KS 66211 or USA
: 100% Remote or Onsite
: Commensurate with Experience – Targeting 75-85K
YEARS OF EXP
: 1-3 Yrs.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE:
MS SQL Server, SSIS, SSAS, SSRS, T-SQL, Stored Procedures, Views, Triggers, MS PowerBI, ETL, Batch Processing, PowerShell Automation Scripting
• Initial interview will be w/ Hiring Manager - video call
• Interview w/ 1-2 technical resources
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Under limited supervision, the qualified candidate will be responsible for review, design, analysis, new development, and modification of current reporting systems.
- He/she will also be responsible for the optimization and performance improvements of the new code base.
- Responsibility will include design and development of the batch and near-real time data integration processes, Business Intelligence (BI) solutions, development in heterogeneous databases environment.
- Ensure accuracy and integrity of the data and applications through analysis, coding, writing clear documentation and problem resolution.
- Analyze data structures content and ensure performance validity.
- Design, code, test, and implement reports using modern tools and techniques (Power BI, Business Objects, etc.)
- Design, code, test, and implements BI solutions, including report, dashboards, notifications, in support of the business requirements.
- Participate in research and apply innovation at all levels of the report/dashboard development process.
- Work on multiple projects simultaneously and manage competing priorities.
- Work harmoniously in a cross-functional teams including IT and business resources.
- Function as technical lead and Subject Matter Expert (SME) on assigned projects.
- Provide excellent customer service by responding to and assisting with resolving issues and system outages.
- Adaptability - Maintaining effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work responsibilities or environment (e.g., people, processes, structure, or culture); adjusting effectively to change by exploring the benefits, trying new approaches, and collaborating with others to make the change successful.
- Building Trusting Relationships - Using appropriate interpersonal styles to establish effective relationships with customers and internal partners; interacting with others in a way that promotes openness and trust and gives them confidence in one’s intentions.
- Collaborating - Working cooperatively with others to help a team or work group achieve its goals.
- Communication - Conveying information and ideas clearly and concisely to individuals or groups in an engaging manner that help them understand and retain the message; listening actively to others.
- Continuous Learning - Actively identifying new areas for learning; regularly creating and taking advantage of learning opportunities; using newly gained knowledge and skill on the job and learning through their application.
- Initiating Action - Taking prompt action to accomplish work goals; taking action to achieve results beyond what is required; being proactive.
- Work Standards - Setting high standards of performance for self and others; assuming responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks; self-imposing standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferably in Computer Science, Mathematics or related field.
- Experience with Transact-SQL, SSIS, SSRS, Stored Procedures, Views, etc.
- Experience specializing in transforming XML, Flat files, or other delimited formats into RDBMS.
- MS SQL Server experience is required.
- Sound knowledge of traditional as well as agile software development methodologies
- Experience with SSAS (Tabular and Multidimensional) and MS Power BI.
- Strong ability to carry out research and innovation.
- Experience with Batch Jobs, Scheduling, SQL Agent, and PowerShell.
- Sound knowledge and experience working with software application, database design, and BI ideas.
- Highly effective working in a team, as well as working independently.
- Experience working in a reporting development environment.
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Strong initiative and organization skills
- Strong customer service and interpersonal skills
- Skilled in communicating effectively verbally and in writing.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Automated scripting experience with tools like PowerShell,
- Competitive pay based on experience
- Employee selected medical, dental, and vision coverage for you and your family
- PTO and paid holidays
- 401k Retirement Plan