Our client is a startup asset manager in growth mode with a multi-year plan to launch new financial products and distribute them; products will include innovative new approaches to target risk and target-date strategies in different investment vehicles such as CITs, private funds, mutual funds, and ETFs.
They need a Senior Financial Analyst to join their small team. A dynamically managed fixed-income core is key to investment product strategy for our client. This experienced Analyst will play a key role on their Investment Management team where s/he will provide value-added investment recommendations. This person will bring a deep working knowledge of the corporate credit space and experience analyzing various elements of credit risks across sectors.
This is a rare opportunity to make an impact at an early-stage company focused on making a meaningful impact in the lives of American retirement savers.
What you will own:
- Research and evaluation of issuers in the corporate credit market
- Identify risk and return drivers at the issuer level, and provide analysis in a fundamental and relative value framework
- Support portfolio management in monitoring credit exposures and proactively communicate risks and material updates
- Collaborate with data engineering and quantitative analysis teams on the development and maintenance of desk systems and tools
- Develop and maintain industry relationships with analysts at sell-side brokerages, third-party research providers, and ratings agencies
- Minimum 3-5 years analyzing corporate credit
- Bachelor’s degree
- Demonstrated proficiency with fundamental credit analysis of corporate fixed income securities
- Excellent writing skills, with an ability to communicate complex topics in a concise and effective manner
- Bias for action, with ability to adapt quickly to changing market environments
- Professional track record of insisting on high standards and paying attention to details
- Ability to gather and utilize data across a variety of systems (e.g. Bloomberg) with minimal oversight; experience working with a corporate data warehouse environment is a plus
- CFA charter or demonstrated progress towards credential is a plus
Covenant Consulting strives to attract, cultivate and retain exceptional talent. If you feel you are a match for the position and are interested in a great growth opportunity, we encourage you to contact Elise.Hebert@Covenant-Consulting.com