: DevOps Engineer / System Administrator
: College Blvd., Overland Park, KS 66211 / 100% Remote
Perm Direct Hire OR Can Consider
Contract to Hire (Focus is to convert this person to perm)
Targeting 120-140K Some Flex based on Candidate and Market
Zoom with Dev Managers / Zoom with CTO
- The DevOps Engineer is tasked with creating and maintaining our Network360 and Provider Nexus applications built by our client's Network Analytics team.
- The DevOps Engineer will work together with the Developers on managing and improving processes for CI/CD/RA, security, application performance and scaling.
- This is be a hybrid role between AWS DevOps, Linux administration, and management, as well as performance tuning in both Linux/Ubuntu and PostgreSQL.
- Experience with highly scaled applications with automation of large number of servers is required. Some background knowledge of Tableau is helpful.
- The DevOps Engineer reports to the Software Engineering Manager in charge of the application they are tasked with.
- System Administration (includes site creation, server maintenance/Upgrades/patches).
- Change management including software, hardware upgrades, patches.
- Monitor server activity/usage statistics to identify possible performance issues/enhancements.
- Performance tuning / Server management of server environment (clustering, load balancing).
- Log monitoring management and automation
- Helping integrate database changes as part of the DevOps process to accelerate delivery, have shorter iterations and faster releases.
- Support Continuous Integration / Continuous Deployment (CI/CD) Strategies as it pertains to DBA tasks.
- Championing Release Automation (CD/RA)
- Looking for manual task opportunities in the delivery lifecycle to be evaluated for automation.
- Configure and maintain Postgres databases as part of the application delivery
- Tableau Server Software Layer (Tableau can be learned)
- Manage and support ETL and migration of objects (dimensions, measures, hierarchies, reports, workbooks, dashboards), from development/QA to production environments.
- Work closely with technical architects and software engineers to ensure optimal application and data database/warehouse design to support reporting requirements.
- Understanding of PostgreSQL database and performance tuning.
- AWS DevOps
- Linux and command utilities (Ubuntu)
- ELK stack (Elasticsearch/Logstash/Kibana)
- Bash scripting
- Ruby/Python (Experience with Ruby/Rails applications is nice to have)
- Node.js (Experience with Node applications)
- SQL queries and administration of PostgreSQL
- Tableau server setup
- Understanding APIs and web servers
- AWS EMR and Apache Spark (nice to have)
- DevOps experience with CI / CD and Release Automation
- AWS scaling, automation, administration
- Log management and application monitoring using ELK
- Postgres on Amazon Relational Database Systems (RDS) and automation with RDS instances
- Experience in Ansible/Bash scripting
- Knowledge of creating data pipelines for data migration automation
- Experience with Git source control and version control as part of database administration and development
- Ability to architect a stable database solution guaranteed for high operational availability.
- Experience working with Relational Databases (PostgreSQL Server is a must).
- Experience in driving out requirements and building documentation process.
- Agile/Kanban experience
- Extremely motivated and proactive with a demonstrable history of high achievement
- Thrives when working in a fast paced, demanding environment.
- Innovative problem-solver who constructively overcomes obstacles utilizing resourceful solutions.
- Passionate about technology and business
- Enjoys a collaborative, team setting.
- Works well in an open environment and thrives on constructive feedback.
- Possesses excellent oral and written communication skills.
- 5+ years' experience in the DevOPS role
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Computer Science, Business Administration, or another related field -or equivalent work experience
- Must possess excellent interpersonal communication skills, both verbal and written
Our client is a healthcare and financial technology growth company and market-leading provider of claims cost management and payments optimization solutions to price, pay and explain healthcare claims. Our client delivers integrated network analytics, network solutions, payment integrity, electronic payments and claims communications for payers, healthcare providers and consumers in the medical, dental and workers' compensation markets nationwide.