Full Time / Direct-Hire
Salary: Base salary plus bonus
- Our client promotes a flexible work environment with a deep commitment to technology and modern work arrangements.
- Offices are open from 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday through tax season and close at noon on Fridays outside of tax season.
- Closed on major holidays, offer substantial paid-time-off, a comprehensive benefit package, competitive pay structure, and a culture of growth, clarity, and respect.
A Tax Manager is a professional who has the technical ability to prepare and review tax returns, standard accounting work papers and statements, and other financial reports while guiding and mentoring other staff. Prefer construction industry experience and experience in construction specific tax methods for long-term contracts, alternative minimum tax calculations and the calculation of look-back interest.
Must be familiar with tax and audit standard concepts, practices, and procedures, and relies on extensive experience and judgment to accomplish goals.
Required Experience and Education:
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Construction industry experience is preferred, and a Certified Construction Industry Financial Professional (CCIFP) certification is a plus.
- A current and valid CPA license is required.
- Must be a member in good standing with the American Institute of CPAs and respective state societies.
- 2 - 7 years’ experience in public accounting or relevant position, demonstrating a progression in complexity, scope, and number of projects.
- Special consideration will be made to waive the requirement of the CPA license in lieu of comparable experience and demonstrated expertise.
Covenant Consulting strives to attract, cultivate and retain exceptional talent. If you feel you are a match for the position, and are interested in a great growth opportunity, we encourage you to contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Covenant Consulting is a Technology Services Provider offering project-based IT consulting, IT staffing and IT recruiting services. Every partnership reflects our uncompromising commitment to quality and integrity. We have extensive experience and capabilities in project-based consulting, short and long-term staff augmentation, and permanent recruitment. We work with companies of every size, across many industries and have the flexibility to scale solutions to meet our client's specific needs.
- Responsible for maintaining tax records and preparing tax returns, related schedules, and related reports
- Responsible for supervising and reviewing the work of others
- Manages tax projects, ensuring technical correctness and timely completion while meeting budgets
- Represent the firm brand in local community and industry organizations.
- Maintains in depth knowledge of accounting and tax matters, and specialized industries or functional/technical areas
- Ensures top quality client service through a cadence of in-person and virtual communications
- Consistently applies effective project management skills in order to plan and coordinate multiple engagements
- Participates in mentoring, training, recruiting, retention, and team-building activities
- Complies with all firm policies and procedures
- Recognizes complex technical issues, reaches appropriate conclusions, and applies authority to support conclusions
- Maintains accurate time and expense records to ensure proper billing of clients
- Anticipates problem areas and questions that will arise during the course of a project
- Uses established network of business relationships to generate new sales opportunities for continued development of client base
- Demonstrates knowledge of all technical aspects of the job, including related knowledge of necessary systems and procedures
- Demonstrates advanced technical knowledge effectively through written and verbal communication; seeks to continuously develop communication skills
- Increasingly builds knowledge base on the firm’s industry lines and service offerings