Information Security Specialist
Location: Overland Park KS
This is more of a hands-on technical Security Specialist with Windows and Red Hat Admin experience among other notable skills like SCMM, RedHat Satellite and Tenable
- Serve as a project manager for work efforts involving remediation of vulnerabilities.
- Manage and drive remediation efforts related to information security; remediation may be from incidents, penetration tests, vulnerability scans, internal/external audits and other assessments.
- Identify and communicate mitigation and remediation strategies.
- Perform system patching and hardening in accordance with established standards and procedures.
- Collaborate with IT Security, Information Technology, Legal, Human Resources and other business units to manage security risks, threats and vulnerabilities.
- Patching through Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager (SCCM)
- Experience with utilizing Tenable to drive remediation efforts
- 5+ years of Windows Server systems administration
- 5+ years of Red Hat Enterprise Linux server administration
- Thorough understanding of IIS and Apache administration and security a plus
- Minimum of four (4) years' IT or network security experience.
- Bachelor's degree in information systems or equivalent work experience preferred
- Advanced degree in information security, network security or IT security a plus.
- Security+, CISSP, CISA, CRISC or comparable certification preferred.
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of information risk concepts and principles, as a means of relating business needs to security controls.
- In-depth knowledge of risk assessment methods and technologies.
- Knowledge of the fundamentals of project management, and experience with creating and managing project plans.
- Excellent technical knowledge of mainstream operating systems and a wide range of security technologies, such as network security appliances, identity and access management (IAM) systems, anti-malware solutions, automated policy compliance tools, and desktop security tools.
- Experience in developing, documenting and maintaining security policies, processes, procedures and standards a plus.
- Knowledge of network infrastructure, including routers, switches, firewalls, and the associated network protocols and concepts.