Data Integration Engineer
Location: Overland Park, KS
Full Time / Direct-Hire
Our client is expanding their data integrations team to complement their
growing footprint in the logistics industry.
This position will be a major contributor to the growth and establishment of application-to-application integrations, which will be a combination of
- Service-Oriented Architecture (SOA) - based solutions
- Point-to-point application integrations
- Enterprise Service Bus (ESB) - based solutions
This will include a mix of batch-based integrations as well as real-time or near-real-time integrations. Additionally, this team member will be assisting in our client’s business intelligence efforts.
This position must also champion an enterprise data strategy. This includes working alongside our data governance team, business units, and the data governance board to support these efforts. This also includes adhering to the Master Data Management (MDM) efforts and Data Quality Management (DQM) efforts.
- Work with various applications, databases, APIs, and other data sources to build data integrations between B2B and/or data warehouse solutions
- Work with Team Members in building solution architectures by defining requirements and data mappings
- Work within Data and Integration Strategy plans
- Ensure solutions are monitored, scalable and follow industry best practices
- Ensure proper change management is implemented and enforced
- Work with Quality Assurance Team to ensure appropriate test plans are built and executed
- Ability to profile data and implement data quality controls
- Serve in an on-call rotation to promptly handle production issues
- Some travel may be required: 5 - 10%
- At least two (2) years’ integration experience
- Experience with data integration/ETL tools, concepts and/or techniques
- Familiarity of best practices in data integrations
- Knowledge of SQL, T-SQL, and relational database concepts
- Experience with either on-premise integrations or cloud-based integrations
- Ability to manage priorities, assess and adjust as needed
- Four-year college degree in Information Systems/Technology, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a related work experience
- Experience working in a 24x7 IT environment
- Experience with SOAP-based or REST-based web services
- Experience with SAP Business Objects Data Services / Business Objects Data Integration (BODS/BODI) and/or SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS)
- Experience with Azure Data Factory and/or Azure Databricks
- Developing Web Services, including REST/OData/SOAP (JSON and WSDL/XML)
- Experience working in an Agile environment
Covenant Consulting is a Technology Services Provider offering project-based IT consulting, IT staffing and IT recruiting services. Every partnership reflects our uncompromising commitment to quality and integrity. We have extensive experience and capabilities in project-based consulting, short and long-term staff augmentation, and permanent recruitment. We work with companies of every size, across many industries and have the flexibility to scale solutions to meet our client's specific needs.
Covenant Consulting strives to attract, cultivate and retain exceptional talent. If you feel you are a match for the position, and are interested in a great growth opportunity, we encourage you to contact email@example.com.