Sr. Data Integration Engineer / Enterprise Service Bus Champion!
Remote for Now / Overland Park, KS 66210 (Post Covid)
Commensurate with Experience - Targeting 100K with some Flex
Level of Experience
: 5+ years
Pretty laid-back environment.
Our client is expanding their data integrations team to complement their growing footprint as a leader in the logistics industry.
This senior-level position will be a major contributor and key role to the growth and establishment of application-to-application integrations; which will be a combination of
- Service-Oriented Architecture (SOA) - based solutions,
- point-to-point application integrations, and
- Enterprise Service Bus (ESB) - based solutions.
This will include a mix of
- batch-based integrations with SAP Business Objects (SSIS was Legacy), and
- real-time or near-real-time streaming integrations.
Additionally, this team member will be assisting in business intelligence efforts.
This position will also provide integration architectural guidance and direction to all teams. This can include advancing the tools used within the integration team to achieve desired solutions. To do so, the position will assist in driving the integration roadmap, which will require staying current with industry trends and best practices.
This position must also champion the enterprise data strategy. This includes working alongside our data governance team, business units, and the data governance board to support these efforts. This also includes adhering to our client’s Master Data Management (MDM) efforts and Data Quality Management (DQM) efforts.
Any data governance background or data governance process architecture would be a bonus.
Required Skills And Experiences
- Work with various applications, databases, APIs, and other data sources to build data integrations between B2B and/or data warehouse solutions.
- Work with Team Members in building solution architectures by defining requirements and data mappings.
- Work within Data and Integration Strategy plans
- Ensure solutions are monitored, scalable and follow industry best practices.
- Ensure proper change management is implemented and enforced.
- Work with Quality Assurance Team to ensure appropriate test plans are built and executed.
- Ability to profile data and implement data quality controls.
- Serve in an on-call rotation to promptly handle production issues.
- Some travel may be required: 5 - 10%.
- Other tasks as assigned.
- At least five (5) years’ integration experience.
- Experience with data integration/ETL tools, concepts, and techniques.
- Strong understanding of best practices in data integrations.
- Knowledge of SQL, T-SQL, and relational database concepts.
- Experience with both on-premise integrations and cloud-based integrations.
- Experience with SOAP-based and REST-based web services.
- Ability to manage priorities, assess and adjust as needed.
- Strong documentation skills.
- Experience working in a 24x7 IT environment.
- Four-year college degree in Information Systems/Technology, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a related field. In lieu of degree, demonstrated work experience will be accepted.
- Experience with SAP Data Services (BODS/BODI) and/or SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS).
- Experience with Azure Data Factory and/or Azure Databricks
- Developing Web Services, including REST/OData/SOAP (JSON and WSDL/XML).
- Experience working in an Agile environment.
- Experience in Logistics Industry, including rail.
- Ability to mentor team members to adhere to best practices and designs.
- Ability to be a team leader to champion an Enterprise Service Bus / real-time data streaming strategy.
- Customer service focus.
- Enjoys complicated challenges in a fast-paced, growing company.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to troubleshoot, determine root cause, and take appropriate action to permanently resolve.
- Self-motivated and ability to work with limited supervision.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Well organized, efficient, and knowledgeable.
This position is open due to growth, our client is adding headcount to its growing data integration team. They are moving to Azure cloud platform data solutions. Our client offers industry leading benefits, competitive pay, vacation, 7 paid holidays and 401k. They also have a top of the line training program to educate team members and help them to grow their career to the next level / Internal professional development (local conferences, Agile training, certifications etc.)
Covenant Consulting strives to attract, cultivate and retain exceptional talent. If you feel you are a match for the position, and are interested in a great growth opportunity, we encourage you to contact Shannon.McInnis@Covenant-Consulting.com
Covenant Consulting is a Technology Services Provider offering project-based IT consulting, IT staffing and IT recruiting services. Every partnership reflects our uncompromising commitment to quality and integrity. We have extensive experience and capabilities in project-based consulting, short and long-term staff augmentation, and permanent recruitment. We work with companies of every size, across many industries and have the flexibility to scale solutions to meet our client's specific needs.