Data Integration Engineer (Mid-Level)
Remote for Now / Overland Park, KS 66210 post Covid
Commensurate with Experience (80-90K)
Level of Experience
: 2+ years
Pretty laid-back environment.
Our client is expanding their data integrations team to complement their growing footprint in the logistics industry.
This position will be a major contributor to the growth and establishment of application-to-application integrations, which will be a combination of
- Service-Oriented Architecture (SOA) - based solutions,
- point-to-point application integrations, and
- Enterprise Service Bus (ESB) - based solutions.
This will include a mix of batch-based integrations as well as real-time or near-real-time integrations. Additionally, this team member will be assisting in our client’s business intelligence efforts.
This position must also champion the enterprise data strategy. This includes working alongside our data governance team, business units, and the data governance board to support these efforts. This also includes adhering to the Master Data Management (MDM) efforts and Data Quality Management (DQM) efforts.
Required Skills And Experiences
- Work with various applications, databases, APIs, and other data sources to build data integrations between B2B and/or data warehouse solutions.
- Work with Team Members in building solution architectures by defining requirements and data mappings.
- Work within Data and Integration Strategy plans
- Ensure solutions are monitored, scalable and follow industry best practices.
- Ensure proper change management is implemented and enforced.
- Work with Quality Assurance Team to ensure appropriate test plans are built and executed.
- Ability to profile data and implement data quality controls.
- Serve in an on-call rotation to promptly handle production issues.
- Some travel may be required: 5 - 10%.
- Other tasks as assigned.
- At least two (2) years’ integration experience.
- Experience with data integration/ETL tools, concepts and/or techniques.
- Familiarity of best practices in data integrations.
- Knowledge of SQL, T-SQL, and relational database concepts.
- Experience with either on-premise integrations or cloud-based integrations.
- Ability to manage priorities, assess and adjust as needed.
- Strong documentation skills.
- Four-year college degree in Information Systems/Technology, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a related field. In lieu of degree, demonstrated work experience will be accepted.
- Experience working in a 24x7 IT environment.
- Experience with SOAP-based or REST-based web services.
- Experience with SAP Business Objects Data Services / Business Objects Data Integration (BODS/BODI) and/or SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS).
- Experience with Azure Data Factory and/or Azure Databricks
- Developing Web Services, including REST/OData/SOAP (JSON and WSDL/XML).
- Experience working in an Agile environment.
- Experience in Logistics Industry, including rail.
- Customer service focus.
- Enjoys complicated challenges in a fast-paced, growing company.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to troubleshoot, determine root cause, and take appropriate action to permanently resolve.
- Self-motivated and ability to work with limited supervision.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Well organized, efficient, and knowledgeable.
This position is open due to growth, our client is adding headcount to its growing data integration team. They are moving to Azure cloud platform data solutions. Our client offers industry leading benefits, competitive pay, vacation, 7 paid holidays and 401k. They also have a top of the line training program to educate team members and help them to grow their career to the next level / Internal professional development (local conferences, Agile training, certifications etc.)
Covenant Consulting strives to attract, cultivate and retain exceptional talent. If you feel you are a match for the position, and are interested in a great growth opportunity, we encourage you to contact Shannon.McInnis@Covenant-Consulting.com
Covenant Consulting is a Technology Services Provider offering project-based IT consulting, IT staffing and IT recruiting services. Every partnership reflects our uncompromising commitment to quality and integrity. We have extensive experience and capabilities in project-based consulting, short and long-term staff augmentation, and permanent recruitment. We work with companies of every size, across many industries and have the flexibility to scale solutions to meet our client's specific needs.