Location: Overland Park, KS
Because this is a start-up type role, we’re looking for someone is well rounded and can do everything from setup new hire laptops, help troubleshoot user issues, but also have the Amazon experience to run production servers and take over all of the web server and database maintenance. Must have Python, GitLab and AWS expertise.
Our client is a cloud-based software provider developed to connect every critical business process. Utilizes Blockchain initiatives and Smart Contracts to deliver completely automated solutions. They are dedicated to improving the overall workflow and timeliness associated with their clients.
This resource will work within a test-driven development DevOps team to develop cloud-based designs which are scalable and extensible. The primary focus of this position is to develop support for emerging next generation technologies in a start up driven environment.
- Implement and manage continuous delivery systems for production/test/dev environment
- Implement and automate security controls, define, and deploy monitoring on AWS
- Design, manage and maintain tools to automate operational processes
- Provide subject matter expertise in running analytics applications within AWS
- Assist clients with installing and maintaining and troubleshooting Linux/Windows based applications
- Prepare, configure, and deploy patches and upgrades
- Ability to write and edit scripts for automated provisioning/configuration (Docker, Salt, AWS, Systems Manager). Cloud formation, code build, code pipeline.
Covenant Consulting strives to attract, cultivate and retain exceptional talent. If you feel you are a match for the position and are interested in a great growth opportunity, we encourage you to contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Covenant Consulting is a Technology Services Provider offering project-based IT consulting, IT staffing, and IT recruiting services. Every partnership reflects our uncompromising commitment to quality and integrity. We have extensive experience and capabilities in project-based consulting, short and long-term staff augmentation, and permanent recruitment. We work with companies of every size, across many industries and have the flexibility to scale solutions to meet our client's specific needs.
- Experience with AWS, including but not limited to experience with IAM, VPC, EC2, S3, CloudWatch, and Cloudformation
- Experience as DevOps engineer in a scalable production environment
- Experience with Python and shell scripting
- Knowledge of Linux systems administration (preferred)
- BS or MS in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or similar
- Must possess strong interpersonal and communication skills, capable of writing purchase justifications, training users in complex topics
- Must be able to relate to a diverse group of people including technical and development personnel, management, business customers, and vendors in a constructive and effective manner
- Must have a solid technical background coupled with desire and ability to grasp skills quickly, combined with deep attention to detail and excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Should be extremely resourceful, organized, and a problem solver. Someone who respects other ideas, a team player, and an excellent listener
- Possess initiative, capable of improving existing skills/technologies and research new ones relevant to business and technical missions