: NOC Engineer (Managed Services)
: Overland Park, KS 66211
: Perm / Direct Hire
: 20-25/Hr. W2
: NOC Team Lead / Director of Managed Services
Minimal & Local
9 p.m. until 9 a.m., 2 week rotating scheduled (every other weekend off), 36 hours one week, 48 hours the next week
Yes, benefits eligible (medical, dental and vision insurance as well as other benefits like PTO, STD, etc.)
Our client has not had to lay anyone off or ask any of our employees to take a pay cut during the COVID-19 pandemic. We are currently in a voluntary report to home office location but this engineer will need to be able to report to the office during training and when the office opens back up full time.
We provide our engineers with certification incentive letters; we will pay for them to get additional certifications and will also often pay them an incentive for obtaining the certification (either in the form of a one-time bonus or salary increase). We are looking for someone who wants to continue to move up within the IT profession and is committed to their own professional development.
Our client has a need for a NOC Engineer. We are looking for someone with 1 to 5 years of IT help desk experience, CompTIA A+ certified and a desire to continue to learn and grow within the IT profession. There will be training the first 4-8 weeks and will be conducted onsite during normal business hours (8 a.m. until 5 p.m. M-F); following training the employee will move to his/her night shift schedule of 9:00 p.m. to 9:00 a.m.
The Managed Services team is responsible for providing post-sales support to our Client's Cloud business customers who have managed services contracts/agreements. Services range from monitoring hardware to fully managed solutions encompassing any or all of the following technologies: VPN, Citrix, router protocols, firewall monitoring, physical and virtual backup systems management, O365 management and hosting.
The NOC Engineer I is responsible for monitoring the help desk console for new alerts, working new break/fix and existing tickets as assigned, documentation, assessments, and scripting. The NOC Engineer I will also assist Professional Service Engineers and other departments within managed services with tasks and tickets as required or directed by the NOC Manager.
This is a customer-focused, remote role in which the NOC Engineer will be expected to handle and resolve customer issues through phone and email. This specific role is for a resource with a strong background in troubleshooting methodology and identifying issues that need to be escalated to problem management for resolution. This role will be a part of the Tier 1/2 escalation team and will have a work shift consisting of rotating days, Sunday through Saturday, from 9:00 p.m. to 9:00 a.m. CST (4 days on, 3 days off, 3 days on, 4 days off).
- Strong technical, quantitative, and analytical skills
- Professionally assertive
- Able to deal with challenging customer and staffing issues in a professional and supportive manner and to see
- these through to resolution and/or escalation
- Good academic background with a degree or equivalent qualification in Information Technology, Business Studies,
- Computing, or relevant subject is a plus
- Should be proficient with at least one of the following: Microsoft AD, O365, Citrix XenApp or Citrix XenDesktop;
- Microsoft Enterprise Administrator Associate certification is a plus
Managed Services Requirements & Expectations:
- Update tickets with detailed notes until resolved or escalated
- Achieve and maintain required certifications and complete additional training programs for continued growth
- Handle and resolve incoming Managed Services and Help Desk work tickets; must be knowledgeable of technical
- details and be able to clearly explain to nontechnical end users
- Ensure all services are delivered on time and in accordance with our Client's Cloud’s business customers’ expectations
- and contractual requirements
- Ensure all aspects of the department “business as usual” operations can be maintained to meet customers’
- Work to ensure SLAs are met according to contractual requirements and ensure progress updates are provided to
- the customer as required where service issues are identified.
- Assist the team where required by actively working on customer issues, handling calls, etc.
- Manage the Managed Services Queue during assigned rotations and proactively help to keep the queue caught up when there is downtime.
- Directly interact with customers by phone or email and may have to handle multiple accounts/issues simultaneously
- Work as part of the On-Call Rotation
- Must work from an Employer-provided virtual desktop during the assigned shift, and handle or prioritize after-hours requests and tasks appropriately and professionally
- Other responsibilities as assigned by the NOC Manager and Director of Managed Services
Requirements & Expectations:
- Will be available via Slack, email, and phone to provide timely answers to team members, vendors, and customers
- Must report to the HQ location in Overland Park, KS office during the assigned shift
- Perform after-hours duties on an on-call rotation and as-needed basis Assist the team where required by actively working on customer issues, handling calls, assisting other team members in issue resolution, etc.
- Contribute to the ongoing development of the Managed Service function by sharing knowledge, experience, and expertise with other team members
- Interact with the Service Delivery Team, Professional Services Engineers, and Account Managers to provide our customers with the Choice Experience
- Must directly interact with various customers
- Experience within a Multi-Tenant Managed Service environment
- Ability to work within a team, both in-person and virtual media outlets for remote contacts
- Capable of managing own workload with minimal supervision to meet tight deadlines
- Detail-oriented and process driven and to see tickets through to resolution and/or escalation
- Bi-lingual is a plus
Covenant Consulting strives to attract, cultivate and retain exceptional talent. If you feel you are a match for the position, and are interested in a great growth opportunity, we encourage you to contact Shannon.McInnis@Covenant-Consulting.com
- Express a positive and confident, can-do attitude
- Dependable, adaptable, flexible, and a team player
- Personal dedication to training and development
- Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills
- Strong oral and written communications skills
- Professional appearance, attitude, and communication
- Timely delivery of required internal documents such as time sheets and expense reports
- Maintain confidentiality in all aspects of client, staff, and agency information
- Able to deal with challenges and issues in a professional and supportive manner
Covenant Consulting is a Technology Services Provider offering project-based IT consulting, IT staffing and IT recruiting services. Every partnership reflects our uncompromising commitment to quality and integrity. We have extensive experience and capabilities in project-based consulting, short and long-term staff augmentation, and permanent recruitment. We work with companies of every size, across many industries and have the flexibility to scale solutions to meet our client's specific needs.