: Mainframe Developer II – Application Support (21008Q)
: 10990 Roe Ave, Overland Park, KS 66211
: Remote for Now (right now until 05/2021)
: Commensurate with Experience
YEARS OF EXP
: 2 Yrs.
• Initial interview will be w/ Hiring Manager - video call
• Interview w/ 1-2 technical resources
LOOKING FOR SOMEONE WITH 5-7 YEARS OF MAINFRAME DEVELOPMENT WITH COBOL, REXX, JCL, EZTREIVE, M204 THAT WANTS TO MOVE TO JAVA. JAVA IS PREFERRED AND NOT REQUIRED, NICE TO HAVE. YOU WILL FOCUS ON MAINFRAME NOW AND TRANSITION INTO JAVA.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- The Developer II utilizes advanced analysis and software programming skills to develop, implement and maintain business solutions, interfaces and utility programs.
- The Developer II analyzes user needs and creates software solutions enabling new capabilities, improving efficiencies and delivering competitive advantage.
- The Developer II provides superior customer support in incident resolution and is involved in all aspects of the development lifecycle including design, coding, testing and deployment in support of enhancement requests.
- Provide technical support and participates in on-call rotation to resolve critical application issues according to stated SLA’s.
- Perform moderate to complex programming assignments requiring an advanced understanding of established programming standards, methods and best practices.
- Acquire and interpret business requirements, creates functional specifications and determines the most efficient/appropriate technologies.
- Perform analysis of business models, logical specifications and/or customer requirements to design and build business solutions utilizing multiple technologies.
- Contribute to and review technical designs of software solutions.
- Work with engineers and architects in continuous improvement initiatives.
- Collaborate with developers to implement solutions, resolve problems and perform code reviews.
- Contribute to and follow development best practices such as version control, unit testing, continuous integration, performance and security testing, and appropriate documentation.
- Ensure quality and maintains performance of deployed solutions.
- Works with stakeholders following the Agile Scrum software development process.
- Assist with other projects as needed to contribute to efficiency and effectiveness of the organization.
- Adaptability - Maintaining effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work responsibilities or environment (e.g., people, processes, structure, or culture); adjusting effectively to change by exploring the benefits, trying new approaches, and collaborating with others to make the change successful.
- Building Trusting Relationships - Using appropriate interpersonal styles to establish effective relationships with customers and internal partners; interacting with others in a way that promotes openness and trust and gives them confidence in one’s intentions.
- Collaborating - Working cooperatively with others to help a team or work group achieve its goals.
- Communication - Conveying information and ideas clearly and concisely to individuals or groups in an engaging manner that help them understand and retain the message; listening actively to others.
- Continuous Learning - Actively identifying new areas for learning; regularly creating and taking advantage of learning opportunities; using newly gained knowledge and skill on the job and learning through their application.
- Initiating Action - Taking prompt action to accomplish work goals; taking action to achieve results beyond what is required; being proactive.
- Work Standards - Setting high standards of performance for self and others; assuming responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks; self-imposing standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed.
- Requires a bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience.
- Two (2) years’ developer related experience in Mainframe wanting to move into Java.
- Excellent customer service, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong technical aptitude, fast learner and effective problem solver.
- Self-motivated, goal oriented, quality driven and capable of working both independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities.
- Great team player with positive attitude.
- Two (2) years’ experience in multi-platform environment for developing and maintaining application software systems utilizing, for example, COBOL, REXX, JCL, EZtreive, M204, etc.
- Willingness to troubleshoot and research unfamiliar areas.
- Strong understanding of object-oriented programming and scalable software design.
- Strong understanding of relational databases and SQL.
- Experience with CI/CD tooling, such as GitLab and/or Jenkins.
- Java/Web (one or both of the following areas of specialization):
- Front-end Developer:
- Advanced experience with AngularJS 1.x
- Advanced experience with HTML and CSS
- Experience with Mocha and/or Jasmine preferred
- Experience with Cordova and Ionic preferred
- Experience with NodeJS and ExpressJS preferred
- Back-end Developer:
- Advanced experience with Java and Spring
- Advanced understanding of RESTful design
- Advanced experience with SQL Queries and SQL Server Stored Procedures
- Experience with NodeJS and ExpressJS preferred
- Experience with Junit preferred
- Competitive pay based on experience
- Employee selected medical, dental, and vision coverage for you and your family
- PTO and paid holidays and 401k Retirement Plan