Senior Data Modeler
Responsible for reviewing and validating data requirements, providing technical data solutions, and designing conceptual, logical and physical data structures in support of business data needs. Demonstrate the ability to analyze business requirements to develop high-level and detailed data, and access models, conduct business and technical data assessments, and document business metadata. Must have the ability to perform data research, analysis and profiling; define and map source to target transformation; provide continues support in data models evolution. Guide and mentor junior team members. Lead standards development and implementation.
- Create, document, and maintain conceptual, logical and physical data models for large and high complexity projects.
- Reverse engineer source system data structures for model sourcing.
- Lead definition, communication and governance of the data modeling standards.
- Convert logical data models into the first cut physical database models and generate DDL.
- Conduct model reviews with project team members.
- Work with IT application staff to define source-to-target mappings.
- Facilitate collection and documentation of the source-to-target transformation and business rules.
- Provide project estimation support.
- Select appropriate data modeling technique.
- Create high-level scoping models that facilitate a cross-system view of data requirements for the large and/or complex projects.
- Lead diverse individuals to come to an agreement about the definition, representation, sourcing, and delivery of data.
- Participate in data architecture sessions and promote integrated systems and controlled data redundancy.
- Determine data needs of the enterprise as well as the data needs of the project.
- Plan data migration and conversion strategies.
- Gathers requirements and facilitate technical walkthrough sessions.
- Provide analysis support and recommend solutions of the data access requirements.
- Provide assessments and recommendations for data sourcing.
- Assist in identification of data integrity problems and recommend solutions.
- Act as coach and mentor to less experienced team members.
- Six (6) or more years’ experience in a Data modeling position (or equivalent).
- Three (3) or more years’ experience using data modeling tools such as CA Erwin, ER Studio, Sybase PowerDesigner supporting IT development projects.
- Experience supporting one major RDBMS platform (DB2, Oracle, or SQL Server).
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent work experience.
- Must be able to manage multiple priorities and meet accelerated timelines.
- Must be able to guide lower level data modelers in their work effort.
- Must possess adequate leadership skills in order to lead and facilitate data design and enhancements efforts.