Sr. Java Developer
The Java Developer leverages a strong technical aptitude with in-depth financial experience to design and develop Java solutions. This position contributes to organizational success by providing expertise, analytical and influencing skills to support the team in developing innovative, cost effective and scalable systems facilitating growth and customer value. The Java Developer participates as a member of a fast-paced agile team and collaborates cross-functionally to design and implement solutions providing competitive advantage to business operations. The Java Developer fosters continuous improvement by contributing to coding, testing and implementation best practices.
- Develop and extend Java solutions to achieve desired business outcomes.
- Facilitate gathering and interpretation of business requirements, create functional specifications and determine the most efficient/appropriate technologies to achieve desired outcomes.
- Perform analysis of business models, logical specifications and/or customer requirements.
- Develop comprehensive knowledge of business strategy, operating models and processes in order to identify improvement opportunities and value-added capabilities.
- Act as expert in internally developed solutions to support business execution and achieve optimal outcomes.
- Work with development teams to integrate Java solutions with company business systems and third-party platforms.
- Analyze, manipulate and present data to support decision-making.
- Resolve and prevent reoccurrence of issues impacting system operation, import/export of data and connectivity to supporting systems.
- Support business users to improve productivity, knowledge and competence.
- Work with development teams to implement and support governance and change management processes.
- Prepare and execute regression and QA tests for configuration changes, fixes and enhancements.
- Provide best practice consulting to management, business partners and team members.
- Collaborate with vendors and internal stakeholders to identify and implement continuous improvement initiatives.
- Ensure quality and maintain performance of deployed solutions.
- Contribute, support and enhance Agile Scrum software development practices.
- Assist with other projects as needed to contribute to efficiency and effectiveness of the organization.
- Requires a bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience developing Java based solutions.
- MS SQL database knowledge.
- Agile Development Methodology preferred.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong technical aptitude, fast learner and effective problem solver.
- Self-motivated, goal oriented and capable of working both independently and in a team environment.