Developer II - Web
Overland Park, KS
The Web Developer leverages advanced software programming skills and strong understanding of digital best practices to develop, implement and maintain web-based business solutions. The Web Developer works collaboratively with business partners to develop e-commerce and web-based self-service solutions promoting customer engagement and retention. The Web Developer participates as a member of a fast-paced agile team and collaborates cross-functionally to design and implement solutions providing competitive advantage to business operations. The Web Developer fosters continuous improvement by contributing to coding, testing and implementation best practices.
- Strong understanding of object-oriented programming and scalable software design.
- Advanced experience with Java, JSP.
- Advanced understanding of relational databases and SQL.
- Experience with Git and SVN.
- Experience with current versions of Angular and React preferred.
- Experience with Spring preferred.
- Experience with Mocha and/or Jasmine preferred.
- Experience with NodeJS and ExpressJS preferred.
- Perform moderate to complex programming assignments requiring an advanced understanding of established web/digital programming standards, methods and best practices.
- Gather and interpret business requirements, create functional specifications and determine the most efficient/appropriate technologies to achieve desired outcomes.
- Work with development teams to integrate web solutions with company systems and third-party platforms.
- Contribute to and review technical designs of software solutions.
- Work with engineers and architects in continuous improvement initiatives.
- Conduct research into new technologies, development practices and frameworks.
- Collaborate with developers to implement solutions, resolve problems and perform code reviews.
- Work with development teams to implement and support governance and change management processes.
- Prepare and execute regression and QA tests for configuration changes, upgrades, patching and enhancements.
- Provide best practice consulting to management, business partners and team members.
- Ensure quality and maintain performance of deployed solutions.
- Follow, contribute and support Agile-based software development practices.
- Provide technical support and participates in on-call rotation to resolve critical application issues.
- Requires a bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.