DevOps Engineer (remote opportunity)
Duration/Length: 6+ month contract/consulting opportunity (prefer to convert to full time status at 6 months)
Compensation: $40hr - $60hr, conversion salary $80K - $120K base (commensurate on experience)
Location: 100% remote (in KC when if needed)
Our client currently manages multiple companies on the Cloud and experience with AWS Cloud is a must, experience with AWS (Cloud Development Kit) is preferred. Any experience with Azure is a plus.
Our client customizes solutions to help companies meet their needs and goals with as little disruption to operations as humanly or technologically possible. Specialties include Agile team development, software design implementation, custom cloud software development, disaster planning, architecture, risk assessment and classification, comprehensive security audit, secure software development, and more.
- Provision new Linux/Windows servers and install the OS (RHEL, CENTOS, Debian, Ubuntu).
- Install and configure Linux utilities including LAMP environment (Linux, Apache, MySQL, Perl, PHP, Python, Ruby and Java).
- Solid TCP/IP networking skills
- Set up and maintain server class data storage and RAID (nice to have)
- Provision and maintain virtualized guests and hosts (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud, VMWare ESXi, Linux-KVM)(nice to have)
- Assist clients with installing and maintaining and troubleshooting Linux/Windows based applications
- Prepare, configure and deploy patches and upgrades
- Ability to write and edit scripts for automated provisioning/configuration (Docker, Salt, AWS, Systems Manager). Cloud formation, code build, code pipeline.
Covenant Consulting strives to attract, cultivate and retain exceptional talent. If you feel you are a match for the position and are interested in a great growth opportunity, we encourage you to contact email@example.com
Covenant Consulting is a Technology Services Provider offering project-based IT consulting, IT staffing, and IT recruiting services. Every partnership reflects our uncompromising commitment to quality and integrity. We have extensive experience and capabilities in project-based consulting, short and long-term staff augmentation, and permanent recruitment. We work with companies of every size, across many industries and have the flexibility to scale solutions to meet our client's specific needs.
- Able to participate in Agile team practices, participate in shared team accountability, recommend changes for team improvement
- AWS associate level certification or higher, preferably Solutions Architect or SysOps Administrator (preferred)
- 2 -4 years related systems engineering experience in UNIX and/or Linux environment
- Must have Systems Administration experience supporting multiple systems running Linux and Windows OS
- Security experience/certification is a plus
- Must possess strong interpersonal and communication skills, capable of writing purchase justifications, training users in complex topics, making presentations
- Must be able to relate to a diverse group of people including technical and development personnel, management, business customers, and vendors in a constructive and effective manner
- Must have a solid technical background coupled with desire and ability to grasp skills quickly, combined with deep attention to detail and excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Should be extremely resourceful, organized, and a problem solver. Someone who respects other ideas, a team player and an excellent listener
- Possess initiative, capable of improving existing skills/technologies and research new ones relevant to business and technical missions