: Sr. Software Engineer Consultant
: Overland Park, KS – 100% Remote for the time being
: 6 Month Contract, Extensions Expected or Could Convert to Perm
: Commensurate with Level of Experience
: Prefer W2 or 1099
Level of Experience
: Mid to Sr. Level
Manager, Application Development and Data Integration – Asset Management
My firm is looking for Sr. NET Engineers with strong back-end exposure with building new and managing existing RESTful API's, microservices and Message Stream processing as well as experience in large scale Data Integration with .NET, SSIS and Informatica (plus). Azure Cloud platform and DevOps automation background are a plus as the client moves into modernizing their infrastructure and continuous integration and deployment strategies.
We are not looking for just a heads down coder that waits for his next assignment, but someone that is proactive in getting questions answered, collaborative, helps lead technical discussion, is engaging, a go-getter, offering new ideas, helping mentor across different development teams and taking personal pride in delivering successful projects.
- The Senior Software Engineer plays a central role in the design and development of application and data integration solutions for Asset Management.
- This role works in partnership with our Asset Management line of business and is responsible for building and maintaining applications and data integrations that support functions like Investment, Operations, Transfer Agency, Investment Management, and IVY distribution.
- Build distributed, scalable, and reliable applications and data integrations that ingest and process data at scale and in real-time.
- Own tasks from the requirements gathering phase through production deployment.
- Research, evaluate & recommend solutions to achieve business value.
- Model, design, develop, code, test, debug, document and deploy applications to production through standard processes.
- Plan delivery of work, including creating task estimates, and being an active member of team stand-ups, retrospectives and planning
- Partner with other technology teams to deliver end to end solutions.
- Conduct design & code reviews
- Support system testing, user testing and production implementation.
- Five or more years of experience as a Software Engineer.
- Application development and integration experience with .NET Core (3.0+ preferred)
- Building Microservices and both Internal API's and API's to call to 3rd Party Vendor API's. These are both building new API's and managing existing APi's
- Proficiency with SQL (Integration with SSIS a Plus)
- Proficiency with ETL (Integration with Informatica a Plus)
- Experience with version control systems like Git/SVN/TFS. (They use TFS)
- Experience with Agile development methodologies.
- Exceptional listening and communications skills, ability to learn quickly, possess a client-focused mindset, and demonstrate accountability for success.
- Experience as a mentor and consultant to teams that are transforming to new processes and technologies.
- Must be highly engaged, collaborative, agile and technically sound.
- Experience with DevOps technologies and best practices. (They are using Azure DevOps & Cloud)
- Experience with Streaming APIs and message queues like Kafka, RabbitMQ, etc.
- Experience with containers and container platforms like Docker, Kubernetes and OpenShift.
- Cloud Platform experience as well as experience building Cloud Native applications like RESTful microservices following 12-factor principles.
- API development including Full Life Cycle API Management tools like Mulesoft and Apigee.
- Some front end .NET Web UI Development for Internal Web Applications. (Angular & React)
- Experience with ETL technologies like Informatica & SSIS.
- Software package integration experience a plus.
- Experience with Financial Services industry data such as Securities, Associated Persons, Locations, Transaction Flow and Standard industry data providers.