Our client has a multi-year plan to launch new financial products and distribute them via a geographically dispersed team of external wholesalers, internal sales desk associates, and key accounts executives across the United States. Products will include innovative new approaches to target risk and target date strategies in different investment vehicles such as CITs, private funds, mutual funds, and ETFs. Key to our success is a thoughtfully formed and executed sales strategy, inclusive of long-term planning, hiring and developing talent, and day-to-day oversight over the sales function.
To that end,our client is seeking a Senior Executive with proven leadership experience over a large and distributed team to build and lead our sales efforts. This individual will function as a member of the executive team and have complete ownership over AUM acquisition and retention goals. The ideal candidate will be able to strategically formulate and then execute on a multi-year sales and distribution plan, considering our unique value proposition as well as product-market fit. As an executive at a startup asset manager in growth mode, the ideal candidate will be able to lead the way through ambiguity and create a road map where one may not exist. For the right executive, this is a rare opportunity to make an impact at an early-stage company focused on making a meaningful impact in the lives of American retirement savers.
What you will own:
- Own all sales and distribution goals, including asset gathering and retention
- Formulate, plan, and execute on a multi-year strategy to achieve sales production goals
- Drive close alignment between marketing, operations, and investment management functions to deliver the highest quality products and services to our clients
- Lead and develop team of managers including national sales directors, internal sales desk managers, and managers of key accounts and institutional plan sales across the United States
- Bachelor’s Degree
- FINRA Series 7 and Series 66, or Series 65 exam certifications
- 10+ years of managerial experience, preferably over a distributed sales team inclusive of individual contributors and managers
- Demonstrated ability to formulate a sales strategy and then execute tactically
- Track record of both achieving success and learning from failures or setbacks
- Track record of hiring and developing bar-raising sales talent, including successful oversight of managers of managers
- Experience with Salesforce.com or similar CRM tools
- Professional track record of insisting on high standards and paying attention to fine details
- High emotional intelligence and ability to collaborate effectively with a distributed team from diverse backgrounds