: Azure Cloud Solutions Architect
Kansas City, MO 64105 / 100% Remote until 2021. The goal is to build this team locally.
: Direct Hire / Perm
135K Plus Bonus Potential, still waiting on exact details but around 25K
Level of Experience:
10+ years of Agile Software Development
: DevSecOps culture and mindset, Java or .Net Core and TypeScript. CNCF landscape map, Docker, Kubernetes. Microsoft Azure PaaS features. Azure services.
CTO/SVP of Corporate Solutions
International Business team in the Corporate Solutions Group
Covenant Consulting has been asked to help a client, who is a leading wholesale provider of reinsurance, insurance and other insurance-based forms of risk transfer, with a
large initiative to build a platform in the re-insurance industry that they expect to be disruptive.
They are building up a cutting edge incubator - a small start-up squad within the company -
called the International Business Team.
About the Team
The International Business team has been established to build a business platform for international insurance programs, that enables insurance brokers and carriers to manage and deliver structured and compliant international and cross-border programs from a single online platform, bringing simplicity and efficiency to our clients and intermediaries through innovative use of data and technology.
About The Role
As cloud solution architect in the incubator squad you'll combine design thinking techniques, software development, networking skills, business domain know how and apply agile architecture principles to build high-quality applications.
Your Responsibilities Include
- You work closely with the Product Manager to understand the problems, evaluate technical feasibility and develop solution designs.
- Together with the squad you use design thinking techniques to empathize with our customers on their journey and find innovative solutions to solve their problems.
- You lead the implementation of cloud native solutions, building apps that amaze customers by its simplicity.
- You focus on developing API-centric apps, know the digital ecosystem and integrate your solution with ease with external services.
- You embrace and spread the DevSecOps culture and mindset in the squad, automating everything and enabling continuous delivery of high quality and valuable features at a very fast pace!
Are you eager to disrupt the insurance industry with us and make an impact? Do you wish to have your talent recognized and rewarded? Then join our internal start-up squad and find an encouraging environment in which we aspire to make the Corporate Solution's (CorSo's) dream team come true!
Covenant Consulting strives to attract, cultivate and retain exceptional talent. If you feel you are a match for the position, and are interested in a great growth opportunity, we encourage you to contact Shannon.McInnis@Covenant-Consulting.com
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in agile software engineering with full stack development background and deep understanding of modern, cloud native architectures and software patterns
- At least 5 years of application architecture experience
- You act as the technical representative for our security architecture and cybersecurity posture. You create secure, defendable configurations of systems, applications, data, threat protection and processes
- Proficient in either Java or .Net core and TypeScript
- Knows all the important technologies on the CNCF Landscape Map (Cloud Native Computing Foundation). (The CNCF fosters this landscape of open source projects by helping provide end-user communities with viable options for building cloud native applications. By encouraging projects to collaborate with each other, the CNCF hopes to enable fully-fledged technology stacks comprised solely of CNCF member projects)
- Docker and Kubernetes knowledge essential
- Security design and applied knowledge. You act as the technical representative for our security architecture and cybersecurity posture. You create secure, defendable configurations of systems, applications, data, threat protection and processes
- Deep knowledge and understanding of Microsoft Azure PaaS features
- Hands on experience on Azure services
- Hands on experience in Microservice development on Azure using Container Service & Service Fabric, experience of executing cloud native projects in Azure with DevOps, experience on Azure Integration services like Service Bus and Event Hubs
- Good knowledge of Azure IaaS (VMs, VNET, NSG Rules, VPN Gateways and Express Route)
- Excellent communication, people management skills and efficiency when working with senior management and key external clients is important
- Entrepreneurial and able to demonstrate commercial acumen when driving business-technology decisions
- An understanding of Property & Casualty (P&C) primary insurance is a plus
- Excellent Communication skills and proficient in English
Covenant Consulting is a Technology Services Provider offering project-based IT consulting, IT staffing and IT recruiting services. Every partnership reflects our uncompromising commitment to quality and integrity. We have extensive experience and capabilities in project-based consulting, short and long-term staff augmentation, and permanent recruitment. We work with companies of every size, across many industries and have the flexibility to scale solutions to meet our client's specific needs.