: Full Stack Software Engineer - React/Ruby
: College Blvd., Overland Park, KS 66211 / 100% Remote
: Perm/Direct Hire
Competitive Salary + Bonus Program Based on Experience
2-3 Years of Full Stack with React and Ruby
Zoom Dev Mgr / Zoom CTO
This Jr. to Mid Level Software Developer is tasked with creating and maintaining the software and applications for our client’s Network Analytics. The Software Developer reports to the Software Development Manager in charge of the application they are tasked with.
We are looking for a Full Stack Developer, but with more Front-End experience using React.
- Planning, development, implementation and maintenance of current and future customer-facing applications.
- Research and implement of new technologies as related to the Company’s products and services.
- Work with Product Management Team and developers to develop and document new features for customer-facing and internal applications.
- Participation in cross-team discussions regarding future product offerings and current topics related to application and database performance, architecture, features and security.
- Implementation of design specifications.
- Implement and manage development processes and procedures related to the application and in conjunction with the Software Development Managers.
- Manage production systems and respond to questions and issues that arise from operations.
- Document and improve existing processes
- Develop new applications and enhancements for existing applications using Kanban/Agile methods
- Write code using OOP concepts
- Use source control and consult with the development team on best practices
CLIENT’S TECH STACK – AND OTHER SYSTEM TOOLS THAT ARE BEING USED. NOT REQUIRED
- Cypress for Automated Testing - nice to have
- Python – nice to have
- Node.js – nice to have
- Ruby / Ruby on Rails – nice to have
- Writing Web UI, Web services and SQL queries
- Linux and command utilities
Covenant Consulting strives to attract, cultivate and retain exceptional talent. If you feel you are a match for the position, and are interested in a great growth opportunity, we encourage you to contact Shannon.McInnis@Covenant-Consulting.com
- AWS - ec2, ebs, vpc, emr, iam, s3, route53, lambda
- Ubuntu server - Ubuntu is based on Linux system and is a Linux distribution.
- Server provisioning, configuration, and deployment with Ansible (written in Python)
- GraphQL API Query Language
- Node.js API site
- Ruby on Rails website with redis backend for asynchronous job processing
- Database: Postgresql / PostGIS databases utilizing master/slave replication
- haproxy load balancing / SSL termination
- Logging with Elasticsearch, Logstash, and Kibana (ELK stack or Elastic Stack)
- Stats/metrics with collectd, influxdb, riemann, and Grafana
- Ruby testing with Minitest-Spec-Rails testing suite
- Cypress automated testing for React
- Continuous integration and deployment with Jenkins
Covenant Consulting is a Technology Services Provider offering project-based IT consulting, IT staffing and IT recruiting services. Every partnership reflects our uncompromising commitment to quality and integrity. We have extensive experience and capabilities in project-based consulting, short and long-term staff augmentation, and permanent recruitment. We work with companies of every size, across many industries and have the flexibility to scale solutions to meet our client's specific needs.