Network Security Analyst
Location: Kansas City
The Network Security Analyst is responsible for designing, implementing and maintaining computer and information security systems for protecting the local area networks (LAN), wide area networks (WAN), intranets, extranets, SCADA EMS networks, and other data communications networks.
This is a close-knit collaborative team who is willing to wear multiple hats supporting the team wherever they are needed. This company offers a casual work environment, core hours are 8am - 5pm M - F.
What You’ll do
- Troubleshoot technical problems with an emphasis on network security
- Develop and implement network security standards, procedures, and processes for the SCADA EMS environment
- Ensure optimal system performance by designing and implementing system configuration (i.e. firewalls, servers, and other security tools, etc.). Responsibilities include debugging, configuring, tuning, or changing system parameters
- Develop and maintain baseline documentation for the Firewalls and other security-related tools
- RSA System Maintenance
- Support for all security tools included but not limited to firewalls, IPS, IDS, Multi-Factor Authentication, CyberArk Password management system, Anti-Virus, Content Filtering, SPAM filtering, etc
- Monitor logs/reports from the firewalls and SIEM including intrusion detection, and network traffic, access administration, for unusual or suspicious activity/violations
- Assist in the maintenance of network devices and hardening of the systems
- Develop and maintain audit evidence for NERC CIP requirements pertaining to Network Security
- Testify in NERC CIP audits as the subject matter expert for CIP standards pertaining to network security
- Participate in 24x7x365 on-call rotation and to perform other reasonable duties as assigned by the Supervisor of EMS Maintenance
- RTU and windows system knowledge to support on-call rotation
Covenant Consulting strives to attract, cultivate and retain exceptional talent. If you feel you are a match for the position and are interested in a great growth opportunity, we encourage you to contact email@example.com
Covenant Consulting is a Technology Services Provider offering project-based IT consulting, IT staffing, and IT recruiting services. Every partnership reflects our uncompromising commitment to quality and integrity. We have extensive experience and capabilities in project-based consulting, short and long-term staff augmentation, and permanent recruitment. We work with companies of every size, across many industries and have the flexibility to scale solutions to meet our client's specific needs.
- A minimum of three (3) years current experience working with enterprise information technology systems with an emphasis on security
- Knowledge of NERC CIP standards (preferred)
- Security certification such as SANS GIAC, Security+, Network+, Linux+, MCSE, CCNA, or SSCP is preferred.
- Experience of log monitoring and event correlation of firewalls, IPS, IDS and system event logs is most important.
- Experience with Web Filtering, Firewall & IDS/IPS monitoring.
- Advanced knowledge of Checkpoint firewalls.
- Knowledge of Windows OS and Linux/UNIX security.
- Knowledge of network hardware devices and experience configuring Access Control Lists or other Firewall or Router configuration experience.
- Knowledge of TCP/IP, network protocols, and packet analysis; Systems and knowledge of hacking techniques and counter-attack methodologies; principles and techniques applied in securing operating systems and LAN/WAN networks.
- Knowledge of Microsoft SQL
- Knowledge of network technologies and protocols.
- Knowledge of current threats and trends present in the Information Security and Technology field.
- Knowledge of SIEM servers, reporting, and configuration.
- Knowledge of RSA authentication configuration and maintenance.
- Knowledge of password management system.
- Ability to demonstrate strong knowledge of computer security concepts.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the Change Management process and its importance.