The Software Engineer will have responsibility for developing, testing, implementing, and maintaining software applications in a for-profit organization utilizing Microsoft technologies.
- Develop and support enhancements and new functionality using cutting edge technology, including C#, most recent versions of the .NET Framework, .Net Core, Angular, WCF, and MSSQL.
- Work with Platform Analysts, Scrum Masters, QA Analysts, Product Owners, and other cross-functional resources to define and deliver business impacting projects.
- Capable of working independently, as well as with team members on different teams and in different locations.
- Perform code reviews with other team members in a reviewer capacity.
- Provide technical mentoring and guidance to less experienced SW Engineers.
- Develop and support enhancements and new functionality to automate deployments in a micro services architecture environment.
- Work closely with other engineering team members to ensure code deployments are fully automated and transparent.
- Execute deployments in production and non-production environments.
- Continually work towards making improvements in the release process and facilitate migration to a Continuous Deployment/Continuous Integration approach.
- Provide technical expertise and troubleshooting as needed to support production issues.
- Assist and in some cases be responsible for the design and architecture of projects and features.
- Be willing to support deployments outside of work hours participate in an on-call rotation.
- Actively participate in all relevant agile ceremonies for each project iteration.
Education and Experience
- 5+ years of relevant experience in software development for web-based applications.
- Understanding of an Agile based development methodology or similar formal methodologies
- Extensive knowledge through work experience with the following programming languages: MS C#, JQuery, MVC, WCF, SQL, HTML5, CSS 3.0, and Angular.
- Experience with Jira, Bamboo, Subversion SVN, GIT, IIS, .NET Framework.
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes is recommended.
- Demonstrated organizational and teamwork skills, strong attention to detail, and a willingness to participate in collaborative development projects.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and an ability to translate a business scenario into a technical solution
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in a computer related field and/or equivalent work experience.