Title: Sr. .NET Core Engineer
Location: Overland Park, KS – 100% Remote Until 2021 for now
Terms: 6-12 Mos. Contract
Rates/Salary: Commensurate with Level of Experience
Status: Prefer W2 or 1099
Level of Experience: Sr. Level
Reports To: VP of Application Development
My firm is looking for Sr. NET CORE 3.0+ Engineers with strong back-end exposure with RESTful API's, microservices and Message Stream processing. Cloud platform and DevOps background are a plus as this person possibly could consult on deciding technical direction on cloud technologies, platforms, containers, CI/CD, API stream messaging as they are moving to modernize their infrastructure.
We are not looking for just a heads down coder but someone that can be consultative, engaging, motivated to get things done, strategize with leadership, offering new ideas, helping mentor and getting involved in technical direction.
· The Senior Software Engineer Contractor plays a central role in the design and development of application and data integration solutions for Wealth Management.
· This role works in partnership with our Wealth Management line of business and is responsible for building and maintaining applications and data integrations that support functions like Advisory Platform Management, Practice Development, Field Operations, Client Experience, and Wealth Solutions.
· Build distributed, scalable, and reliable applications and data integrations that ingest and process data at scale and in real-time.
· Own tasks from the requirements gathering phase through production deployment.
· Research, evaluate & recommend solutions to achieve business value.
· Model, design, develop, code, test, debug, document and deploy applications to production through standard processes.
· Plan delivery of work, including creating task estimates, and being an active member of team stand-ups, retrospectives and planning
· Partner with other technology teams to deliver end to end solutions.
· Conduct design & code reviews.
· Support system testing, user testing and production implementation.
· Five or more years of experience as a Software Engineer.
· Experience with the .NET Core v3.0+ back-end development technology.
· Experience with version control systems like Git/SVN/TFS.
· Experience with Agile development methodologies.
· Exceptional listening skills, ability to learn quickly, possess a client-focused mindset, and demonstrate accountability for company and individual success.
· Excellent decision-making, risk-taking, and critical thinking skills for problem identification and solution recommendation.
· Comfortable engaging on multiple projects at a time while navigating gray areas of responsibility and collaborating with others to find optimal solutions.
· Is a strong advocate for following best practices in data and application development processes and brings a disciplined approach to testing, continuous delivery and technical debt.
· Experience with Streaming APIs and message queues like Kafka, RabbitMQ, etc.
· Experience with containers and container platforms like Docker, Kubernetes and OpenShift.
· Cloud Platform experience as well as experience building Cloud Native applications like RESTful microservices following 12-factor principles.
· API development including Full Life Cycle API Management tools like Mulesoft and Apigee.
· Experience with ETL technologies like SSIS & Informatica.
· Software package integration experience a plus.
· Experience with Financial Services industry data such as Securities, Associated Persons, Locations, Transaction Flow and Standard industry data providers.