View all jobs
Java Software DeveloperOverland Park, Kansas
- Full stack development from web front end through the Java based back end.
- Code using a test driven development process to ensure high quality software
- Troubleshoot application and quickly solve production issues in a 24X7 SaaS environment
- Create RESTful APIs for integration with other line of business applications
- Work within Bitbucket and Git to deliver high quality software
- Work with rest of the development team to build rapid prototypes in a continuous delivery environment
- BS in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering or a related field OR demonstrated ability to meet the job requirements through a comparable number of years of applicable work experience.
- 5 or more years of object oriented software development experience using Java
- Extremely strong coding skills, including an understanding of optimization, performance ramifications of coding decisions and object-oriented design
- Outstanding problem solving skills. Someone that is able to pick apart software, analyze it and become a subject matter expert on it.
- Flexible and able to handle and prioritize multiple tasks
- Possess a positive attitude and work well with others
- Gitlab experience
- Experience in 24X7 production operations, preferably supporting a highly available environment for a SaaS cloud software application
- Knowledge of cloud infrastructure environments (e.g. AWS, Azure)
- Container based architecture and deployments (Docker, Ansible, Heroku, etc.)
- Jira experience
- Experience participating in Agile SCRUM teams
- Strong experience in developing data-driven platform technologies, including: data modeling, data collection and aggregation, data mining, and analytics
- Participate with business and engineering team members in the development of new software projects in a startup minded environment