Headquartered in Kansas City, MO 64106 / 100% Remote
: 6 Month Contract with Options to Extend or Convert to Perm
Commensurate with Experience
Open to Contract & Contract to Hire Candidates W2 or 1099
LEVEL OF EXPERIENCE:
: Small company, start-up, flexible with time/hours, relaxed, 100% remote, focused on client digital transformation and custom software development projects
(1) coding assessment and (2) video interview
This position is within the custom software development organization at Digital Maelstrom. Candidates will work closely with other engineers, principal consultants, and various client contacts such as stakeholders, architects, business analysts and management.
- Work with a cross-functional team to design and develop custom web & mobile software for client needs.
- Analyze and troubleshoot complex problems and provide technical and software solutions using a diverse mix of cutting-edge technologies.
- Perform research, present analysis, and provide recommendations about system and software architecture improvements.
- Break down complex requirements into clear, actionable tasks which can be estimated and completed.
- Develop and document design, functional, and behavioral specifications for systems and software
- Gather, compile, and synthesize information in regard to technology and processes.
- Configure data sources in software to execute functional and business solutions
- Must possess strong interpersonal and communications skills; capable of writing purchase justifications, training users/team members in complex topics, making/giving presentations.
- Write program documentation and user operations guidelines and advise operations engineers about the proper behavior of the software.
- Be capable of continually improving skill set relevant to business and technical missions with minimal oversight. Must take initiative, negotiate with project management, and execute successfully on plans.
- Able to participate in agile team practices; reflect honestly on own performance, participate in shared team accountability, recommend changes for team improvement
- Writes unit tests and integration tests as part of a normal development practice.
- Other duties as assigned.
Preferred Qualifications But Not Required
- Experience with mainstay language(s) such as: Java, C#, Python, Ruby, Swift
- Experience in front end languages like Angular 2+, React
- Experience in server-side programming
- Understanding of web protocols & browser behaviors
- A solid understanding of best practices and techniques in web software
- Self-motivated and passionate
- Have experience with developing for iOS or Android, Ionic, Swift (not required)
- Have familiarity in Ionic Framework, Ionic Vue, TypeScript, Node.JS, AWS Serverless, Angular, React
- Have familiarity with Amazon Web Services (AWS), particularly Lambda and API Gateway. AWS Certification(s) preferred.
- Experience with writing secure code, working with security mitigations and technologies
Covenant Consulting strives to attract, cultivate and retain exceptional talent. If you feel you are a match for the position, and are interested in a great growth opportunity, we encourage you to contact Shannon.McInnis@Covenant-Consulting.com
- Candidates who have technical Blog postings
- Candidates who have public github repos or other code available to see work they have done.
Covenant Consulting is a Technology Services Provider offering project-based IT consulting, IT staffing and IT recruiting services. Every partnership reflects our uncompromising commitment to quality and integrity. We have extensive experience and capabilities in project-based consulting, short and long-term staff augmentation, and permanent recruitment. We work with companies of every size, across many industries and have the flexibility to scale solutions to meet our client's specific needs.